Chapter Sixteen.

~~~~

I just need someone in my life to give it structure...
To handle all the selfish ways I'd spend my time without her...

~~~~

[Rory's outfit 👆🏻]

[Rory's outfit 👆🏻]

Rory~ 

THE next morning arrived soon, the sunlight peeking in through the open, curtainless windows of the Chateau's living room, where JJ and I had crashed last night on the pull-out sofa. I sighed contently when I woke up and found JJ asleep, half of his body on top of me as his head lay on my stomach with his arms around my waist. 

He looked so peaceful and adorable while sleeping and while I didn't want to disturb his sleep, I knew we had a lot to do today, so I reluctantly woke him up with running my hand through his hair, gently.

And then, the both of us lazily got ready for the day ahead. I was dressed in a short denim jumpsuit with an off-white bralette crop top underneath after taking a refreshing shower. My hair was in a messy bun as I was feeling extremely lazy to do anything cool with it, a few tendrils of hair framing my face as I slid on my shoes. 

"I feel lazy today...do you feel like that?" I yawned, holding up my hand in front of my mouth as I scrunched up my face as we walked down the front porch stairs and started to walk down the driveway, going towards Pope's place. "It's refreshing 'cause I also feel relaxed... but I'm just too lazy today," I added as I looked at JJ beside me.

"It is a lazy kinda day," JJ nodded as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. 

"I'm starting to worry about John B, where do you think he is?" I sighed as I remembered my brother was still not back.

"God knows, he hasn't come back to us or tried to contact any of us..." JJ shrugged.

"You think he's in trouble?" I asked, my worry increasing as I furrowed and puted.

"Look, he's probably fine, Lili... okay? He's the one person that can sneak his way out from any trouble, we both know that" He replied, smiling at me assuringly. 

"Yeah, you're probably right, I worry too much," I shrugged.

"That you do," he agrees, pulling me closer as he planted a little butterfly kiss on my neck just below my ear as we continued walking down the road. 

I blushed furiously as I pushed him away lightly, giggling like a schoolgirl as we arrive at the shop Pope and his family owns. We enter it to find the place bustling and hustling with workers and customers around. Pope was covering the morning shift as Mr. Heyward was by handling the stock refilling. Kiara was already here when we arrived and was helping moving some light grocery boxes around with Pope.

"That's my cue... I gotta talk with Kie," I tell JJ before dashing towards the brunette girl I call my best friend. She hadn't seen us yet so she was oblivious to my presence. "Hey, Kie..." I call her as she turns around after placing a box down.