Sticky Notes

Summary: It's D-Day's last broadcast and My Days left messages on Sticky Notes for Sungjin. Sungjin reads the sticky notes fondly without knowing that Younghyun also left a message for him.

Rating: General Audiences

--

Younghyun smiled softly as he watched Sungjin stand up and turn to the sticky notes behind him. His heart raced as Sungjin's eyes roamed the board, looking to read some of it. Sungjin pointed at a sticky note, and Younghyun gulped. He read what was written, reacted to it, and then moved on to another note, giggling as he did.

Sungjin turned to the other board, and Younghyun's heart raced once again. He grinned a bit when he heard Sungjin sing a line from So Let's Love, giggling nonchalantly after. And then he paused, staring at a sticky note.

He took it and read it quietly. His head turned to the other board, eyes running across all of the blue squares before he took another one to read it for himself. His head suddenly snapped toward Younghyun's direction, eyes slightly wide and flicking left to right as if he was looking for something.

His pupils stopped at him, blinking. Younghyun smiled a bit wider and bowed before grabbing his iced americano and turning around to leave the studio. Sungjin turned off the mic and placed it down on the table.

"Please wait for a moment!" Sungjin said to the staff before running out.

The staff had no other choice but to put on a commercial for Sungjin's indefinite break. Sungjin ran after Younghyun, reaching out to grab his arm and turn him around. Younghyun faced him, tongue licking his lips once he looked at the two sticky notes in Sungjin's hand. Sungjin raised it to show it to him.

"It's you, isn't it?" Sungjin accused. "You wrote these, didn't you?"

Younghyun blinked, "What? Why do you think so?"

Sungjin looked upset at him as he sharply drew in some air. He took out his wallet and slid out something from one of its pockets. It was a small piece of yellow paper. He unfolded it and showed it to him, putting up the sticky notes next to it.

"It's your handwriting," Sungjin said confidently.

Younghyun looked away. Sungjin kept the yellow paper and let his eyes linger on Younghyun for a little longer before looking down to read the sticky notes.

"Thank you for everything, Bbang D. Since you've been around, I smile more often than I used to. You complete my Wednesday nights. I'll wait for you again in the future, too!" Sungjin read, glancing up at him for a second before reading the second note.

"I like the way your voice sounds. It's my favorite. I stay later just so I could see you and hear your voice. I hope I hear it again someday."

Younghyun tilted his head, "My handwriting may not be as unique. I didn't write those."

Sungjin looked up at him, "What?"

Younghyun sighed, "I didn't write those, hyung —"

"You're tearing up," Sungjin pointed out. "Why?"

He stepped closer to use his empty hand to carefully wipe his unfallen tears.

Younghyun sniffed and smiled, "Go. They're waiting for you."

Younghyun turned around to leave.

"Wait for me too!" Sungjin's voice pushed past his mouth.

Younghyun stopped in his tracks.

"Wait for me at the dorm. We'll talk. Please. I want to talk," said Sungjin.

Younghyun didn't turn to look at him and instead continued walking out of the studio. Sungjin sighed heavily and kept the papers in his wallet before going back to the studio to resume his radio.

Sungjin eventually forgot about Younghyun while doing his radio. He was, fortunately, able to focus on his radio. Once he was done, he said his goodbyes to the staff and My Days who came to his last broadcast. And then he was briskly walking toward the parking lot.

His manager was with him. He got into the backseat, slammed the door close, and put on his seatbelt. He rolled down the window so that he could say something to My Days for the last time. It was when he rolled it down that he noticed another sticky note on the inside of the window.

He picked it up when it was taken off and waved at the My Days, telling them to remain happy from there on forth. He rolled up the window and read the sticky note.

It was indeed me. But I never wanted you to see them.

Sungjin's heart skipped a beat. He was confused. He was disturbed throughout the ride home. He took a deep breath once he dismounted the car, thanking his manager and saying good night as he walked ahead to their dorm. Sungjin saw Younghyun laying down comfortably on the sofa, eyes closed and snoring softly.

Sungjin contemplated waking him up. He looked so tired. He still hasn't changed his clothes, only took off his shoes. His shoes were even by the sofa. It looked like he lay down as soon as he arrived. Sungjin sighed, eyes closing as he did. He approached the sofa and sat on the floor, leaning back on it. He tossed back his head and closed his eyes.

He heard Younghyun shuffle and hum deeply, "Welcome home."

Sungjin turned his head to look at him, "Go back to sleep."

"You said you wanted to talk," Younghyun reminded.

"We can talk tomorrow. You get some rest for now."

"We can talk," Younghyun insisted, eyes closed.

Sungjin kept quiet, but Younghyun spoke again.

"What did you want to talk about?"

He sighed once more, "Why didn't you want me to see the notes?"

Younghyun sighed softly, "What do you think they wanted to say?"

Sungjin took the notes from his pocket to reread them, "It sounds like you're saying I love you."

Younghyun smiled softly, his eyes still closed, "I didn't think it would be that obvious."

"You want to say you love me?" Sungjin blinked.

Younghyun nodded.

"But... so... you don't want to say it at the same time. Since you don't want me to see the notes," Sungjin muttered.

Younghyun took a deep breath and folded his hands under his head to make a pillow, "Because you wouldn't even care —"

"How could you say that!" Sungjin frowned.

Younghyun opened his eyes to look at him.

"Do I look like I don't care right now?" Sungjin said.

Younghyun put a hand on his head, fingers playing with his hair. Sungjin melted at his touch. Younghyun smiled.

"I love you, hyung," Younghyun whispered.

Sungjin frowned deeper and moved closer to his face to hold it gingerly, "I must admit that I probably don't love you like how you do. I mean, I like you... as a man. But... love is a very strong word for me —"

"I know, hyung," Younghyun smiled wider. "I understand."

"But please know that I care about you, Kang Bra," Sungjin added. "You can always tell me anything. If you're more comfortable telling me stuff through sticky notes, then write them to me and I'll talk to you about it. Okay?"

Younghyun giggled, nodded, and wrapped his arm around his neck to snuggle against him. Sungjin once again melted against him. He watched Younghyun slowly fall back to sleep. He let his head fall back against Younghyun's chest and surrender to him, feeling the fatigue take over him.