Count On Me, Pt.2

Summary: Sungjin suddenly confesses that he likes Younghyun before the bassist goes to perform at his concert. After the concert, Younghyun confronts him about it.

Rating: General Audiences

--

Younghyun smiled widely at the audience in front of him, waving both his hands in the air as he did. He said his last goodbye before leaving for the backstage where the staff awaited to take his in-ears and whatnot.

After that, he walked to his dressing room and found Sungjin sitting on the seat where he previously sat, smirking.

"Nice job out there. You performed really well, as always," Sungjin said.

"Yah, you —" Younghyun pointed accusingly at him.

Sungjin raised his brows and tilted his head, smiling innocently, "What?"

"You and I are going to talk," demanded Younghyun.

Sungjin only smiled wider, nodding obediently, "But don't you want to rest first?"

Younghyun paused and glared at him, "You just want to escape."

Sungjin laughed and shook his head, "No, Kang Bra. I just want you to have a rest. You look so tired."

"But what about what you said earlier?" frowned Younghyun.

"Which one?"

"That you like me."

"We'll talk about it after you rest, okay? Have a rest first," Sungjin smiled.

Younghyun sat down for a few minutes before they left the concert hall and went home. Sungjin plopped on the sofa in the living room after changing his clothes. Younghyun did the same, laying his head on Sungjin's lap. Sungjin naturally put an arm around his waist.

"Rest well, Kang Bra."

"You're not escaping talking with me, hyung," Younghyun sighed before relaxing.

Sungjin giggled, "I know. I'll wait for you to wake up."

Younghyun turned to face his abdomen before letting his eyes slowly close. Sungjin watched him fall asleep, smiling as Younghyun drifted to sleep. He caressed his head gently, pushing aside a few strands of his hair that were obstructing Sungjin's view of his face.

"That's right..." whispered Sungjin. "I like you, Bra-yah... But that's not important..."

Sungjin sighed and closed his eyes. leaning back and slouching a bit to get comfortable. He tossed back his head and stared at the ceiling.

"Is it?" Sungjin bit his lip before sighing again and deciding to take a nap.

He woke up a few hours later when he felt Younghyun sit up from laying his head on his lap. Sungjin's arm slid down from his shoulder to his waist. Sungjin looked at him, eyes droopy with sleep and head tilted a bit toward him as it rested on the backrest of the sofa.

Younghyun cleaned his eyes from goop as he looked at Sungjin, "Yah..."

Sungjin involuntarily smiled. Younghyun looked so adorable.

"What?"

Younghyun inhaled through his nose as he moved toward him, leaning forward to rest his head on his shoulder, arm wrapping around his neck. Sungjin wrapped an arm around the younger's waist, moving his head to snuggle against his comfortably.

"What, Bra-yah? Hm? Hungry?" Sungjin rubbed his back.

"Do you really like me?"

Sungjin chuckled, gradually evolving to soft giggles, "You won't even yawn or stretch for a bit before deciding to talk to me about it?"

Younghyun whined, embracing him tighter, "Just answer me!"

Sungjin smiled, "Yes, I do, Kang Bra. I like you."

"Do you like me as a friend?"

Sungjin hummed, "Did it feel like I was flirting with you as a friend?"

Younghyun slapped his shoulder, "I just woke up, stop annoying me."

Sungjin laughed and then looked at him, eyes now wide awake and filled with affection.

"I like you as more than a friend," said Sungjin while looking right at Younghyun's droopy eyes. "I like you as a man."

Younghyun closed his eyes and turned his head to the other side. It was quiet. Sungjin waited for a reply from him but it didn't feel like it was coming soon. If they were talking via text messages, Sungjin felt like he was left on read.

Younghyun's body had slowly gone pliant against Sungjin and Sungjin pushed him back a bit to figure out that he had fallen asleep again. Sungjin couldn't help but smile. He carefully positioned Younghyun to lay down on his legs again like earlier.

He used his thumb to caress his cheek this time as he examined his peaceful face. His smile remained on his lips as he stared at the bassist.

"What about you, Kang Bra? Do you even like me for you to get hung up on my feelings for you?" muttered Sungjin to himself.

Younghyun's eyes slowly opened and he looked up at him as if he was offended by his question. He was glaring for a moment before he embraced him, burying his face into his abdomen.

"Of course, I do," mumbled Younghyun, slightly surprising Sungjin as he thought that Younghyun had fallen asleep. "Of course, I like you."

Sungjin smiled a little wider as he brushed back Younghyun's hair, "I think you feel more strongly for me as more than like."

Younghyun peeked at him and closed his eyes again, "You're good. That's right, I don't just like you... I love you."

"I'm sorry, Kang Bra."

Younghyun snapped up his head to look at him, fear blooming in his orbs. Sungjin chuckled.

"I've yet to love you..." Sungjin breathed. "I can't say 'I love you' yet. I can say only 'I like you' for now."

Younghyun scoffed, "It's fine. It's already a big deal that you even feel something for me."

Sungjin watched him momentarily before putting his palm flat against his left chest. Younghyun frowned confusedly and then Sungjin grinned.

"So, you aren't as calm as I thought you were."

Younghyun's heartbeat was fast. It amused Sungjin that he was able to hide it. Younghyun clicked his tongue before pushing Sungjin's hand off his chest. Sungjin laughed softly as Younghyun looked away, ears turning red.

"Acting all cool but deep down, you're panicking. As expected of you, Bra-yah," teased Sungjin.

"I can wait for you," Younghyun suddenly said seriously. "Like how you waited for me for two hours in raging wind."

Sungjin burst out laughing and Younghyun laughed along with him.

"I'll be here," smiled Younghyun.

"Me too. I'll just be here. Remember, if you need someone to be there with you to do the group chant, my line's always open for you, hm?" Sungjin smiled, once again caressing Younghyun's face.

"You don't activate 'Do Not Disturb'?"

"I do, but you're under the exception list. Along with Wonpil and Dowoon but sometimes, I take them off the list," Sungjin joked. "It'll come through because you're important."

"I'm flattered," Younghyun chuckled, going back to embrace him.

Sungjin comfortably embraced him back, smiling. The feeling of emptiness slowly dissipated in Sungjin's chest and he sighed once he felt that his heart was now full. Slightly.

Dowoon and Wonpil have yet to come home. And they still have yet to tell Dowoon and Wonpil about them though Sungjin knew it wasn't a problem. He could already see them squealing in excitement and he chuckled.

"Wonpil is going to beat me up once he hears about us," Younghyun suddenly spoke and Sungjin laughed, agreeing with him.

Younghyun was back, and so was the piece that was taken from Sungjin's heart when they enlisted.