Tongue-tied

Summary: Sungjin has always been a sucker for Younghyun, and he's aware of that. But he never expected that he'd be rendered catatonic once Younghyun was in close proximity.

Note: A collaboration fic with rorobynne. Prompt from rorobynne.

Rating: General Audiences

--

It's whenever Younghyun laughs or smiles that Sungjin's logic or his nervous system shuts down, rendering him stupid, frozen, and silent. There's just something about his happiness that makes Sungjin want to freeze time so that Younghyun remains happy. But alas, it's only him who freezes.

His surroundings went slow as Younghyun laughed, eyes shut closed, and body slowly leaning back. His hand moved to grab Sungjin's arm to prevent himself from falling off the bench that they were sitting on. Beside him, Jaebeom saw Sungjin smile abashedly and let his head down, ears turning red. Jaebeom shook his head, chuckling.

Sungjin gulped and giggled as he listened to Younghyun's soft cackling. Jaebeom could almost hear Sungjin's nervous heartbeat.

'Damn, he has the nicest laugh I've ever heard. Such music to my ears.'

Jaebeom nudged him, "You're blushing."

Sungjin's eyes widened before he decided to cover his face and ran his hands on it in an attempt to get rid of his blushing. It was a useless attempt.

'Am I obvious? God, I hope he doesn't notice how I like him a whole lot. Is he even looking my way? I hope not.'

Jaebeom once again chuckled and shook his head. He watched Sungjin slowly peek at Younghyun who was now leaning his forehead on his shoulder and clinging onto his arm, still laughing hard. He smiled.

"Why would an eraser be delicious?" wheezed Younghyun.

'Huh? An eraser? Delicious? What are they on about? I'm so distracted by Younghyun. What are they doing, anyway?' Sungjin thought, his brows furrowed at the group who was laughing alongside Younghyun.

They were playing a game of 'Neverending Story,' and Yoongi, after Younghyun said that he ate an eraser, said that it was delicious. Now, here's Younghyun laughing hard at the unexpected ending.

Yoongi laughed softly, glancing at Hoseok who was laughing just as hard as Younghyun was.

"Yah, don't discriminate against an eraser. There are erasers which are fruits. What if they taste like the fruit that they are?" Yoongi grinned as Younghyun fell across Sungjin's lap to laugh harder.

"Ah, it's-it's getting harder to breathe —!" Younghyun took a deep breath, resting on Sungjin's lap as he breathed out. Sungjin took a sharp intake of breath.

'He's too close! I hope my heartbeat is not that loud for him to hear. Damn it. Fuck. Act normal Sungjin, act like it's not a big deal... BUT IT IS!'

Sungjin cleared his throat before putting a hand on Younghyun's arm and rubbed his skin with his thumb gently, smiling fondly, "Are you-are you okay? Will you live? I don't want you to die on me, you know?"

Younghyun turned to look up at him, smiling and reaching up to poke his cheek. But he didn't say anything. Sungjin's mind short-circuited for a minute, but thankfully, he managed to smile back. Younghyun sat up and cradled his head on the table. Yoongi giggled.

Sungjin blinked, 'THAT WAS SO UNEXPECTED! What was he thinking? WHAT WAS I THINKING, PAUSING LIKE THAT? He might think I'm a weirdo. Oh, god. But hehe, he's cute.'