Part 2

"Any word from the outside?" Hero questioned.
"Nope. Can't get anything from this radio." Frank responded.
It's been two days since the initial outbreak. Each of them taking turns to stand guard. The last few days have been ominously quiet, say for the zombie groans.
"I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of waiting in this shitty saferoom." Postal Dude complained.
"Glasses dude is right. We got to find a way out of this city." Ellis said.
"Wait. What did you call me?" Postal dude questions
"Anyone know a way of getting out of here?" Hero asked.
Just then the radio stopped spitting static and caught a broadcast.
"Calling all survivors!"
"Everyone hush, we got something." Frank stated
"An evacuation team is arriving in the area by tomorrow. Head to the top of the mall by noon. Repeat: the top of the mall by noon. We will not wait for people, so get there quick. Good luck remaining survivors."
"Well we know where we're going." Frank said. "Better get ready to head out."
They get up and grab some weapons. Hero grabbing two pistols, Postal Dude grabbing a shotgun, Frank grabbing an AK, and Ellis grabbing a fire axe.
"Y'all ready?" Ellis asked.
"Ready as I'll ever be." Hero stated
"Enough small talk. My trigger finger is itching for something to shoot." Postal Dude caulked his gun.
With that the saferoom door opened and the four stared their journey towards their only point of possible salvation.