Newt

My eyes open slowly, and I jolt up. I'm alive! I look beside me, seeing that I'm all alone. They left me, my friends left me. Tommy promised he wouldn't leave me. I feel a pit forming in my stomach as I clench my body harder and harder, trying to shake the feeling away. A tear rolls down my cheek when I hear a muffled sob and hear someone that sounds familiar. "Thomas, he's gone. We have to go," I hear a boy shout. I stand and begin to walk, following the voices.

I stand up quickly, having to catch myself on a wall. I stumble out of the ruins that cover me and out into the open. I fall to my knees and see a brown haired boy in someone's arms. A muscly boys arms, he's holding someone who seems to be collapsed in his arms, his body dangling just above the floor. He looks over at me while squinting his eyes, I can't see much, but I can see the boy's eyes glistening at me under the moonlight. Eyes I seem to recognise, eyes I once loved. Then I realise it's Tommy. I don't have the strength to stand, so I shout desperately. "Tommy!" I shout, but it comes out as a whisper. I see them dragging Thomas away, and worry floods over me, knowing the boy I love most could be gone forever. I try to stand up again, but my knees give out, and I thud to the floor back onto my hands and knees. I gather all the strength I have left in me. "Tommy!" I shout. Everyone stops in their tracks and turns to look at me.

Thomas' pov

"Newt!" we all shout filled with happiness. We all run over to him. "Get the serum!" Gally shouts. Brenda gives me the serum, and I inject it into Newt's arm, watching the black fade away. "It's working!" I say still sobbing still from the fact I thought he was dead but also because he's alive. He groans in pain as the serum destroys the virus.

His eyes, which were once a black hole of sadness, have turned back to his beautiful brown eyes that I got lost in the first time I saw him, and I never found my way out since. "Newt," I say, still sobbing. I just stare down at him with wide eyes and tear stains on my cheeks. I didn't realise it, but I'm trembling. Newt sits up slowly but then leaps forward and hugs me as tight as he can to stop me from shaking. "It's okay, I'm here now," he whispers into my ear, stroking the back of my hair, I snuggle my face into his warm neck knowing I could have easily lost him tonight, and then I know what I have to do. I pull my sleeve over my hand and wipe away the black from Newt's mouth, revealing his beautiful pink lips. I smile, feeling my face heat up, and I put my hands on both of his cheeks and kiss him like no one is watching. I pull away and put my head to his. "I love you," I mumble so only he can hear. "I love you too, Tommy," he mumbles back while grinning at me.

Newt stands up and walks over to Minho, who wraps his arms around his waist and picks him up. "You shucking idiot we all thought you were dead," he says, lowering Newt back to the ground and hugging him tighter.. "No mate, I'm here," he says, resting his head on Minho's.

He lets go of Minho and walks over to Brenda, who nearly strangles him. His eyes widen, and he lets out a yelp. He gives me a concerning look. I just smile at him. Brenda lets him out of the chokehold and kisses his cheek, making him smile. Gally walks over to him and pats him on the back, smiling at him. I see him glance over at Teresa, who is smiling, but she looks away, fiddling with her fingers.

"I have one last thing to do," I say. Everyone looks at me puzzled except Teresa, who looks at me like she knows my intentions. "No, Tom," she says sternly. "I have to," I say. "What's he gonna do?" Newt says, looking more scared than ever. She doesn't answer. "What is he going to do?" He growls. "He's gonna kill Ava," she says, looking at Newt and then me with tears in her eyes. "No, Thomas," Newt shouts. Minho follows on with, "Are you crazy!"I have no choice!" I shout back. "Then I'm coming with you!" Teresa states. "N-," I try to fight against it, but she's not budging. "Okay, but there's a chance we won't make it," I say nervously, not ready to die, but then look at Newt sad face, making my eyes fall to the ground. "You guys get to Vince me and Teresa will meet you at the top of the building." I say my eyes still locked on the ground. Teresa agrees.

We start to walk away when I feel a tug on my shoulder. "No, Tommy, I can't lose you," Newt whines with tears rolling down his cheeks. "Newt, I'll be back with you soon," I say, attempting to comfort him. "You nearly lost me, and that broke you. Don't make me go through that," he says, but his voice is cracking, and his words are stuck in his throat. "You won't have to because I'll be back," I say, leaning down to kiss his soft lips once more. I try to pull away but Newt pulls me back down latching his lips onto mine and kissing me like it will convince me not to go, but if we want to be safe Ava has to be dead. "I'll be back, and you can kiss me as much as you want," I whisper the last part to him, making sure nobody hears. I caress his cheek and kiss the tip of his nose. "Promise." I say just above a whisper.

Newt's pov

One last peck on the lips, and then he's gone, again. I slide down the wall and drop to the floor, putting my head in my hands. Brenda walks over to me and kneels down next to me. "He'll be okay. He's strong," Brenda says, rubbing my back. "I know, it just hurts," I say, stuttering. "I know," she says, wiping my tears away. "Let's get to Vince so we are there for him when he comes out," she says, smiling at me. I nod slowly.

We are now walking through the last city. Minho is clinging onto me with his hand still around my waist like he's going to lose me any minute. I don't mind it, though. It's comforting having my best friend back, but will I have Tommy back? I keep asking myself.

A/N I'm so sorry again for being inactive. I've been out pretty much every day, so I haven't had time to write.

Thank you, sm for 370 reads. That is amazing, I never expected my story to get so many reads, so thank you :)) <3