chapter 3

Nothing.

there is no one in front of me. I still have water running down my face. It takes me a few minutes to realize that my tears are running down my cheeks to my lips. the famous salty taste.

I come out of the shower feeling down. I look at myself in the mirror. My towel wrapped around my body, my hair wet and messy. My make-up has flowed under the eyes. I remove my make-up quickly with a cotton pad and follow with face cream.

Still wrapped in my towel, I head for the closet that sits in the bedroom, open it and take one of Jake's T-shirts. He probably won't mind. I also look at my suitcase in order to take some shorts. It's only 9 p.m., the hunger is starting to return. I look out the window, the moon is pink. Neon lights of several colors catch my eyes. A Chinese restaurant. The famous.

I put on Converse sneakers, go down at full speed towards the restaurant. I open the big door, a bright room despite the hour. Moldings on the ceiling to lose your head. The walls are blood red, a few garlands falling on one of the walls accompanied by fake ivy. The tables are prepared to the millimeter ready.

«-Can we help you?" asks a small voice behind me.

- Good evening, sorry. Do you do take-out meals?

- Of course, what do you want?»

I place the order, hot dishes that won't fill my stomach for nothing. I'm waiting for the order while watching the missed news on duskwood.

"Hannah Donfort finally safe. Richy Rogers went to the police, he says he saw a figure in the flames. who is this ?"

"Phil Hawkins officially opens his bar after two weeks in the arms of the duskwood police. Will business pick up again?"

"Amy Bell Lewis's cause of death is finally out. After having osculated his body, it is a suicide."

"Police Chief Alan Bloogman Says He Wants To End This Urban Legend."

"The duskwood star? Everyone shouts the name of a new heroine still unknown physically. Valentine."

News travels fast in the small town. I will quietly visit duskwood in the coming days. And warn Mr Bloogman of my arrival in order to answer his questions. Tomorrow morning I will go to the fault. I want to find Jake and information.

I pick up my order thanking them very much. I head to room 13 of the moonvale motel. I lie down in bed and eat in front of the television. The door leading to the garden is open. Belly full I fall asleep, tears in my eyes.

Waking up is complicated, my eyes are burning. I look at the place to my right, the one where Jake was sleeping. I didn't want to go so close to him, if he ever comes back, his place will always be there. The air in the room is cold. I quickly head into the bathroom to get dressed. I put on a jog just to visit the fault. I'll dress nicer to look at if I visit duskwood.

I get dressed quickly, take August with his leash that I wait at my hips. I look at the room one last time, with a hand, I retrieve the sweatshirt from the desk. Sports shoes on my feet, I hurry out. Breakfast will wait. I get in my car and enter the destination without the gps. The minutes are long, the road endless.

"within a few yards the area is protected by duskwood police"

the two of us, duskwood.

I park and continue on foot. The forest I cross is big enough to get lost. The sounds of nature don't scare me at all. I move towards my goal. The cool wind caresses my face, the adrenaline begins to rise. I see the landslide. A sign in front of me.