chapter 6

jake:

If you knew how much I want you too, Valentine. ;)

end chat

Phil didn't come out. I took a taxi towards the motel. Streetlights illuminate my face. The driver puts on music and hums. I recognize the road, moonvale arrives in front of me. The motel's red light greets me.

"- how much do I owe you for the trip?

- 20 € please.

I smile at him and give him his money.

- Have a good evening."

I close the door and listen to the engine start. I greet the woman at the reception and go back into the corridors. my room awaits me. I turn the keys and go inside. I am greeted by a dog who jumps on me.

August.

I give him plenty of hugs before heading to the bathroom. I close behind me and remove my makeup. I get in the shower before turning on the water.

I put on pajamas before I call Jessy

"-Hello Valentine!!

- sorry for not having called you sooner...

- Don't worry, said the redhead. So how are you coming to duskwood soon?

- I finally made the decision to come. we'll only see each other at the ball. I won't even arrive a day before."

I spent the rest of the night on call with Jessy. When I woke up at 11 o'clock. My phone was showing the call continued. I reluctantly hung up before going out dressed with August. We wandered around duskwood for several hours. We found a park where we had fun. I met people with them also animals.
Our dogs in front of us, we walk towards a small cafe. I've only known them for a few hours but we're going to eat together.

A week has already passed. Phil calls me every three days to play guitar. he apologizes again and again for not having gone out the evening of our meeting. But I don't blame him, he was working.

I walk in the dark with August, I discovered a passion for walking at night. Duskwood is so quiet it's getting my breath of fresh air. The streets are sometimes scary but have their charm. I roam the streets, music in my ears. I arrive at the level of the Aurora, I watch from afar. People come in and out, the music gives a warm air to the bar. I won't be going back to the Aurora tonight. I continue to walk, I visit the small town at night.

In front of me comes a man. He is tall but he lowers his head. When he arrives at my height, he turns his head towards me. I see only blue eyes. His hood leaves a mysterious side. He hands me a paper and continues his journey. I look at it and continue mine... After a few meters I stop and open the paper.

see you on Saturday 7 July;)

J.

I turn around in a gust of wind and start running.

"- JAKE?!

no one in the streets. I continue to move perplexed.

-Come back... I know it's you..."

I am alone, no one on the street. The darkness envelops Duskwood in a dramatic but pleasant air. My eyes search this darkness. I try to get used to it. my imagination begins to imagine forms, terrifying. black shadows that advance towards me. My imagination starts to play tricks on me. I imagine the worst scenarios.

August always with me take the walk again. I am, my eyes always check the horizons. I'm usually very comfortable at night in duskwood and moonvale. But tonight I have a bad feeling.I extend steps behind me, August does not react. I look quickly, nobody. my heart rate increases but I do not want to run. I walk, this time I'm not going to run away. My dog turns his head, I don't like it. He stops and looks at something behind me.