𝟬𝟬𝟬. wish on a star

━━━━ 𝟬𝟬𝟬

━━━━ 𝟬𝟬𝟬. wish on a star

━━━━ ATHENA LAURIER NEVER WAS a perfect girl

━━━━ ATHENA LAURIER NEVER WAS a perfect girl. she had severe anger issues and a fire inside her that still burned even after she was thrown in jail.

that's what the news said the night the police caught her. even though i never knew her too well, like my older brother did, i still felt the weight of the situation.

when her mugshot appeared on our little television screen, keith had to excuse himself. i felt awfully sorry for him, considering he had lost a dear friend of his and an old friend of his.

i looked back to the screen, where it now showed a video of the brunette girl getting arrested. she was yelling at the officer, telling them to let her go and let her be free. nobody listened to her, instead they shoved her into the police car with no explanation as to why she was thrown in jail.

i feel bad for her out of all honesty, she lost the love of her life. i think i'd go mad as well if it were me.

as i clean my dinner plate off in the kitchen, i notice that my brother is still sitting out on the front porch. it's not like him to be so upset about something. i open the front door to ask him what's the matter. "nothing, it's time for bed anyways."

he stands from the rocking chair on the front porch and forces me inside. he doesn't say anything to me for the rest of the night. out of all my confusion, i continue to walk inside the house and into my bedroom.

i can't stand to see anyone sad, let alone my brother. i have to do something to make him feel better. but what? i lay my head against my soft pillow, i don't know.

stretching out and grabbing tightly onto my narwhal stuffed animal, i start to drift off to sleep.

୨୧

my hearts pounding heavily in my chest when i awake again. it's still dark outside and i can almost hear my heart.

i realize a few seconds later that i'm trembling a lot. without anything to say or do, i start laying back in bed, trying my best to calm down.

easier said than done. it takes me a good thirty minutes to officially stop trembling and relax. once i've officially calmed myself, i forced myself to stand up and walk down the hall for a glass of water.

i checked the clock, four in the morning. i knew i wouldn't be able to sleep considering i've waken up fully and could not bare to wake up in a panic again.

slipping my slippers on, i trudge towards the front door and shut it quickly.

it feels like a ghost town out here, everyone's house lights are off and the streets are eerily quiet.

i would've been more scared if i didn't have a porch light that i could flick on.

once light fills the porch, i sit myself on the rocking chair that keith had just been sitting in. i watch the jet black sky which is filled with white spots. the greatest sight in the sky is the moon, it lights the way—even when the dark sky tries to take all control.

it could've been three hours that i've been outside, the sun starts rising and i'm immediately hit with the reality that i'm going to have to go to school in an hour or so.

my heart heavy and my hands trembling slightly, i take once last glance up to the sky and wish. i wish that i'll one day find love, my wish hasn't changed in the slightest, i've always wanted a romance like in the movies.

i open the door and hurry to my bedroom before keith can catch me up wandering the halls of our empty house.

MOLLY SPEAKS

matthews is my crush's last name 😞😞
not read over !