𝟬𝟬𝟯. journal entry

━━━━𝟬𝟬𝟯

━━━━𝟬𝟬𝟯. journal entry

━━━━I GO TO PRISON THE NEXT DAY to see athena for the second time

━━━━I GO TO PRISON THE NEXT DAY to see athena for the second time. i feel like she might need the company.

i don't bother to ask keith to tag along, i feel like athena would be able to open up about her feelings one on one.

so when i remember that keith is out at the dingo, i think that this is the perfect opportunity to see athena.

strolling down the street, i think about how the girl might react to seeing me again. surely she won't be so happy, considering her reaction the last time i was here.

she's just hurting. i think, she lost the love of her life, who wouldn't be hurting?

once i arrive, i find the cop that led us to her last time, so i approach him. "here to see athena laurier."

he nods, the same bored expression on his face.

once i see her again at the same table as last time, she looks disgusted to find that it's me coming to see her.

"what do you want?" she snaps, her eyes narrowed.

"i came to see you." i retort, smiling fakely. she rolls her eyes, "what do you want? aren't you a little too young to be alone in a jail by yourself? i mean, what if i killed you right now?"

"then i wouldn't allow that." the cop butted in nonchalantly. he stares off at the wall in front of him, not bothering to look over to us.

athena looks pissed. "whatever."

"who was the boy that you loved?" i asked, genuinely curious.

"why do you wanna know his name?" she mumbles, biting her nails.

"i just want to help you."

"aren't you like twelve? don't you have school or something?"

"i'm fifteen. and it's sunday." i correct her, she mocks me under her breath, how mature.

"his name was sodapop, happy?" my eyes widen at the name. ponyboy's brother?

"do you happen to know a ponyboy curtis?" i ask eagerly, hopeful that i could get some information about him, even though this visit isn't supposed to be about him or me.

"that was soda's little brother." athena sighs, "how do you know him?" she sits up, looking genuinely curious.

"i met him at the library." i blush at the memory, a slight smile creeping onto my face. athena notices instantly, cocking her brow.

"you like him?" she chuckles, "two bit will not like that." 

"i know." i cross my arms, "but this isn't about me, did him dying cause you to fall into a depression?" 

"of course it did, i thought i made that pretty clear." she exclaims, huffing heavily. 

"miss? your time is up." the cop announced, i nod. "i'll see you soon, athena."

"take your time." she sneers, standing up with me and glaring deeply into my eyes. i feel like she hates me, but i have no idea why. as i walk out, i notice a man yelling at a cop. a prisoner? 

"my daughter's also in jail! let me see her." he begs the cop, for some reason, he reminds me of athena. 

"i can't let you do that." the cop crosses her arms, "you abused her didn't you?"

"it doesn't matter! i want to see her." he pleads, i walk out quickly, not wanting to know more. there's no possible way that wasn't athena's father. they portrayed the same temper, the same hair color and the same piercing blue eyes.

i sneak back into our small home, making sure to creep quietly up the steps to my room so keith doesn't hear me. he doesn't need to know about my secret visit, it wouldn't be a secret if he did.

i sit at my wooden desk, thinking. i think about ponyboy and his older brother, sodapop. it's not fair how soda was taken from this world so quickly. i'm pretty sure he was only sixteen too. 

i'm going to be sixteen next year. sixteen isn't old enough to be taken from this cruel yet beautiful world. i think i've seen a picture of him on the news when he passed, he had ocean blue eyes and slicked back brunette hair. 

i start writing at my desk.

MOLLY SPEAKS

MOLLY SPEAKS

i feel like writing today so i might write two chapters instead of one !