𝟬𝟬𝟭. only the beginning

━━━━ 𝟬𝟬𝟭

━━━━ 𝟬𝟬𝟭. only the beginning

━━━━KEITH LET ME STAY HOME from school, surprisingly

━━━━KEITH LET ME STAY HOME from school, surprisingly. i didn't question it though, until he said that we were going to prison to visit athena.

i jumped from my seat, "is that why you let me stay home?" i inquire, i can tell her being imprisoned has been bothering him.

"kind of." he cracks a small smile, i smile back considering i'm glad he's finally smiling.

as i'm busy dressing myself in my room, i start to think about what athena could be like. i've only met her once but that memory is kind of foggy.

once i'm dressed and ready, i slip down the hall to find keith staring off into space. his best friend's death really took a toll on him as a person.

"i'm ready." i announce, he snaps out of his trance and nods.

i don't say anything to him as we board the bus, keith doesn't have a car and he doesn't feel like asking his buddies for one.

i don't think he's talked to them since his friend's death.

once i take my seat, i look out the window and think to myself. will she remember me? i can't predict that'll happen because i wouldn't recognize her either if keith hadn't given me a detailed description of her style, her personality, her looks, and very much detailed things about her i probably didn't need to know.

once we step foot into the prison, i'm hit with the terrible smell of blood and puke. i've always had a deathly fear of puke, so when i smell this smell, i cling tightly onto my brother's side and squint my eyes.

he understand my fear and continues walking to the desk. "we're here to see athena laurier?"

"right this way." the cop says in a bored tone. he doesn't smile, his entire expression is blank.

we approach a table where a brunette haired girl sits alone. keith points to the seat across from her, signaling for me to sit.

hesitantly, i take the seat. athena has bright blue eyes and a smile planted on her face that could fool anyone. i can see the pain beneath her eyes even if nobody else can.

i've always been able to read people, even if their expression doesn't show on their face, i know when something's off with someone.

athena still smiles, "two bit! i'm so glad you came to see me." keith pulls up a chair next to me.

"we need to talk." he says quickly.

"is this your little sister?" she asks, trying her best to avoid the question my brother asked her. he only nods, then pushes the statement at her again.

"fine, what do you need to talk to me about?" athena slumps in her chair, removing the bright expression from her face.

"why did you end up in jail?" keith exclaims.

athena grows quiet, not saying anything. i can tell keith is growing impatient, his fingers tapping his arm.

"drug abuse." she yawns, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"i thought you quit?" keith furrows his brows. athena merely shakes her head.

"nope." she chuckles, "it's kind of funny, really." she let's out a few more giggles behind frowning again.

"what's wrong?" i ask quickly, she looks up to me. she doesn't look too pleased with me speaking up.

"what do you think? i'm in fucking jail!" she snaps, rising from her slumped position.

"calm down, athena." keith warns her.

"that's not the only reason you're sad." i say, looking into her eyes like i'm reading her expression.

"how would you know that?" she rolls her eyes,
"two bit is this really your sister or did you bring a mind reader?" she fake laughs.

"you miss him." i tell her. her eyes go wide and instantly becomes defensive.

"what are you talking about? i don't miss any man. fuck men. no offense two bit. what man?" she throws out her replies.

"that guy that died a while back." i respond. keith gives me a warning glare. athena is quiet, i can tell she's thinking.

"so what?" athena remarks, "of course i miss him. he was my whole fucking world at one point."

our table grows quiet. "your time is up." the same cop says after that, i give athena one last glance before standing with keith.

"bye athena." keith forces a smile. she doesn't bother to smile back.

as my brother and i walk out of the prison, he still seems upset. "it'll be okay." i mumble.

he brings me in for a side hug as we walk together. and for a second, i think he believes me.

but what i was unaware of, was that it gets worse from here. this is only the beginning.

 this is only the beginning

MOLLY SPEAKS

no ponyboy yet 😔😔
not proof read !