𝟬𝟬𝟱. 'tragic love story'

━━━━𝟬𝟬𝟱

━━━━𝟬𝟬𝟱. 'tragic love story'

━━━━EVEN THOUGH I SHOULDN'T go against my brother's word, the brother that only wants the best from me, i found myself kissing him again, but this time, it's a secret spot outside of school

"you're so pretty." he let's go of me to look into my eyes, my lips turn up into a smile.

"i could say the same about you." i giggle, wrapping my arms around his waist.

it feels weird to love someone so much, it almost doesn't feel real, and for a second i don't feel real.

i shrug the thought off, landing my eyes back to pony's face. his eyes are like grass, pulling me in quicker than anything else. what does that even have to do with grass? i don't know and i don't really care.

the bell rings and we instantly perk up. he chuckles to himself, "there goes the bell."

i sigh, "i won't see you for the rest of the day." i pull him closer to me, not wanting this moment to fade away into nothingness.

"you'll see me tomorrow." he smiles softly.

"why couldn't i just come over?" i ask carefully, just in case he's sensitive about people coming over.

for a matter of fact, he is. "no." he shakes his head rapidly. "no." he quotes again, but this time more fiercely.

"what do you mean no?" i'm shocked as to why he seems extremely upset—more upset than i had thought.

"i mean no!" he exclaims, starting to walk off from me.

i chase after him. "pony wait! i'm sorry if i pushed it a little." i grab his arm gently, he spins around to look at my hand on his arm.

"this happened to my brother." he sighs deeply. "he fell in love—and look what happened to him." he shakes his head, walking away from where we originally stood, the emptiness filling my heart.

i felt in that moment, that i needed to talk to athena more than ever. there's something more to this 'tragic love story' why does pony think he'll have the same consequences as his older brother?

i huff and sit down onto the bench next to me. i think for a second, i think about pony's pain.

whatever happened to sodapop couldn't have been good. obviously not if he was lying in a grave somewhere.

and he was keith's friend, so asking him i'd always a possibility. for an odd reason—it feels like investigating a murder case.

i pick up my lunch box and hurry inside the building, worrying that i might be late to my next class.

surprisingly, i'm not late. the teacher isn't even here yet. i take my seat next to one of my so-called-friend, jamie.

her attention turns to me as a weary look spreads across her face. i set my books on my desk and pretend not to notice her expression. that is, until she speaks up.

"is it true?" she asks quietly, i'm immediately confused about what she means. "what?"

"you and that greaser." she furrows her brows. "are you guys a thing?"

"there's many greasers in our school, jame." i remind her, the nerves inside my body snapping in half. how does she know about that? i never told her, and i never spotted her in the garden or in the hallway.

"the small brunette one." she rolls her eyes, "you two are a thing?" her anticipation is making my stomach twist. she knows. she even knows his appearance.

"no?" i laugh it off, pretending i have no clue what she's talking about. "is your brain okay? i would never go for a greaser." i lie, brushing my hair with my hand.

"gracie saw you two making out." she crosses her arms, "are you saying she's a liar?"

"yeah." i nod rapidly. "i can't stand greasers and you know that—and besides, gracie's always had it out for me."

for a second i don't think jamie believes me, "isn't your brother a greaser?"

"i'm not like him." i say.

she finally nods and exhales deeply. "good, i was getting worried for a second." she chuckles.

i force a laugh too, even though nothing about this situation is funny.

MOLLY SPEAKShaven't updated in awhile and i really didn't know what to write for this chapter so here's this !

MOLLY SPEAKS
haven't updated in awhile and i really didn't know what to write for this chapter so here's this !