VII.

beyoncé giselle.
september 10th.
nyc.

I hung up the phone the moment I stepped in my front door. Reign, Kelly, and Michelle looked at me for answers when I joined them in the living room.

"What the hell happened?! One minute y'all are walking down the runway and the next there's an ambulance."

Reign said, "I bet I can guess."

"No. Bey what happened?"

"That hoe had a heart attack."

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious. All that damn screaming and yelling she was doing, of course she had a heart attack. We're in the emergency room with the doctor and she still wouldn't be quiet. She's literally the worst person ever. Yelling at the damn doctor, who does that?"

I knew it was wrong to put all her business out in the open like this, but I was in the middle of it. Plus, if it were the other way around, she would have no problem running her mouth about my problems.

"They've got me babysitting that damn lady for a week."

"Who is they and why the hell did you say yes?"

"Her mother, and she's paying me, a lot. That is literally the only reason I even entertained it. If I call y'all from a jail cell, don't be surprised. Don't even try to come get me, it's too late."

Already, I was trying everything in my power to get away from this nagging little bitch. But she was relentless. And I was paid to do a very specific, important job.

Keep the gnome alive.

That was it. Keep her alive. But I was only paid so much because nobody else wanted to do this, not even her mother.

Her home was everything that I'd expected it to be. She had two wings, separated by glass that, when you looked down, showed you the aquarium underneath. The wings were completely different and it was painfully obvious that she was no longer touched one side. It was beautiful, the theme of marble taking over in its entirety.

The wing that she stayed in just did not seem like her. Everything was so light and airy like it could all fly away, disappearing like it all was never there in the first place. She had a gorgeous ceiling indentation in her master bedroom and angel white double doors to enter.

None of that felt like her personality, but it was a beautiful home.

I crossed the threshold from my wing to hers, taking my sweet time looking down at all the sea creatures. My best friends would be so afraid of this, but I loved the sea. This was right up my alley.

I could hear her on the other end of the double doors, cussing out yet another employee about a location in Arizona that did. not. exist.

I didn't bother to knock before I entered, walking through her bedroom foyer, catching her right in her tyranny.

She saw me, rolled her eyes, and went right back to barking like the chihuahua she was.

I went over, snatched her phone, laptop, and iPad before I shut off the lights on her ass. Hopefully she'd act like a bird and go to sleep once the lights went out.

But I would never get that lucky.

She turned the lights right back on and reached for her things only for me to move back away from her bed.

"It's four in the morning. Stop giving people a hard time and lay down."

"If I come over there to get my things, it'll be me and you."

"I have been waiting for the moment. You will touch every wall in this damn room if you come over here and try to take anything from me."

I kept it calm and collected, but I swear to God I'd turn this bitch up. She knew better.

"Go to sleep. You literally just had a heart attack, the last thing you need to be worried about is work."

She narrowed her eyes at me, "Don't ever try to tell me what to worry about. I leave my business in the hands of people like you and I'll have nothing to come back to."

"People you hired? Girl lay your silly ass down before we have a problem. It's too damn late.. early.. whatever the fuck, to be playing with you. Good night."

I walked away from her, taking all of her items with me, tuning out that bullshit that she was spewing behind me. I could only do so much. If she wanted to talk shit to a set of closed doors and die, that was all on her.

I thought laying down would make me sleep instantly, because it was too damn late. I was human though, and her voice had stopped booming over an hour ago. I hoped she hadn't died, but I really hoped she did.

I could hear her mother, could see her mother all pale faced and worrisome, and she made my feet move.

I was back over that threshold in seconds, my ear pressed to one of the doors, thought maybe I would be able to hear her endless mumbling. I should have known better. These doors were as thick as the tension in the room when somebody told that brat no.

I opened the door slowly, not hearing anything, becoming scared that she might actually be dead in here. I tiptoed through the foyer and peeked my head in, shocked and amused all at the same time.

She was not laid up dead in here.

She had her head laid back, sunken between her pillows as she played with herself, hips moving against her fingers only.

It was like I wasn't even here. She could only hear herself, panting and moaning quietly.

No damn way.

I left her to her vices with a laugh on my lips. At least every part of her wasn't miserable.

________________