XIII.

beyoncé giselle.
september 13th.
nyc.

"How's my baby?"

I stared down at Ms. Carol's baby, fighting off the urge to kiss her. "She's sleeping. I've never seen your child so quiet."

She was laughing on the other end. "Thank you for being here. I know I had to pay you, but I still appreciate you being there. This episode really scared me."

"You're welcome. I'll have her call you when she wakes up."

"Okay."

I hung up the phone and tossed it onto the floor. Unable to move freely, I laid my head on top of hers. It was too late for me to get any more sleep, but Onika was knocked out and she had her arms wrapped around me so tight, if I moved, she would wake up instantly.

The doctor would be so happy to see her right now. She wanted to go out of her way not to listen to everybody, and that was going to kill her. Literally.

Rest was extremely important for her and if she hadn't been so rude to the doctor, she would know that. She needed to calm down, to relax, to turn that genius brain off and worry about herself in a healthier way. She thought about herself like a moving train. Next, next, next. She just needed to sit her little ass down. She was already close enough to the ground.

I cared about her, didn't want her to die despite what I told her mother before. I just had to be careful about telling her that. She would flip it immediately, and we weren't there yet. She was still fucked up in that big ole head of hers, and I was clouding her. I had to hold out on her because right now, sex was her only motivation to treat people right. That wasn't right, but that was how I was going to get to her. Personally, for me, it was a win win.

She started shifting, arms wrapping around me tighter when she felt me adjusting.

"Girl you're gonna suffocate me."

She came in closer, laying her head in the crook of my neck.

"There's nowhere else for you to go."

"Shut up Beyonce."

"You're up now, you're suffocating me."

"If I were suffocating you, your big mouth would not be open."

"Onika move."

"No. Get your mouth ready, I'm about to get a kiss."

"No you are not."

"You're neglecting me."

"I call it protecting me."

She sucked her teeth before she came for my mouth anyway, growing irritated when I turned away from her. I didn't like her little ass like that, and honestly, this was harassment all on its own. But she had the strength of the damn hulk all of a sudden.

She was on top of me in seconds, pinning me down and holding my cheeks so that she could kiss me with that nasty breath. "Kiss me back now," She mumbled against my lips.

I couldn't help touching her, my hands all down her frame, caressing her from her back to her butt. I told myself no, but I was kissing her back, holding onto her so she couldn't get away from me.

She smiled, still spoiled rotten. I had to stand on my word with her, because she would take a mile every chance she got.

"Good morning," She sat up and stretched, yawning some more.

"How did you sleep?"

"Good," She fell into a smiling fit, her hands trailing up to her hair. She was tingling all the way through, trying to wake up her body.