XII.

beyoncé giselle.
september 13th.
nyc.

"I know you don't want any kids."

"I don't want any damn kids."

I stood in Onika's foyer with one foot practically out the door. I was going to head to the store to get all those vaginal products I knew she needed after everything we'd been doing. I was going to pay for it with my money because my account was sitting super pretty with seven more figures in there, but she never knew when to close that big mouth.

"Hand me your card."

She looked at me like I was insane before her eyes softened. "I can't move."

"Where is it?"

She pointed to her Chanel bag that sat on the bench at the end of her bed. "You don't go. Send Dante."

"Stop delegating. I sent Dante home."

"Why would you send Dante home? He works in the house for a reason."

"He is not your slave. Cut that out."

Unbeknownst to her, I sent all of her staff home. When I talked to them and actually conversed with them, it was clear to me that Onika was running her home and her business like a damn slave ship. She was dead wrong, and if she was on the payroll herself, she would absolutely hate it.

I was standing on business in that bedroom so I was definitely standing on business outside of it. Everybody else was afraid of her, but I was running her down. It would be smart of me not to be selfish, to turn her into a better person and a better boss. That was the only way I was going to stay attracted to her bad attitude having ass.

"Tell Trina to go."

"Onika nobody is here but me and you."

"Since when? Who told you to send my staff home?"

"Take it down, right now."

It felt like I had to keep her in line every two seconds. She was too used to leading and being this dominant personality that she didn't have to be all the time. She thought she had to be a bitch to be respected when that's not the case. She could still be respectful while being respected.

"They have a job here for a reason."

"Half of them don't even do their job because you won't allow them to. So they're going home."

She sighed, looked like she had a lot more to say, "So who's going to the store?"

"Me. I just said that."

"Hurry up and come back."

I smirked as I left her room and made my way out of her house.

Her acting all stuck up was counterproductive when it came down to me. She couldn't hide from me if she wanted to, and her emotions were on the front line. If she wanted me next to her in that bed then she needed to learn how to talk to people. She really needed to change the way she thought too, but I had only been here for three days. I could only do so much in so much time.

Driving in her Aston Martin, away from her mini mansion, I could not understand for the life of me why she was so stiff and stuck up. She had a wonderful life and she was insanely blessed to be living like this, but she couldn't even see it. She wanted more, more more. So much more that she couldn't have a seat and be thankful for the place that she was in her life.

She was young and beautiful and immensely talented, but nobody got around to telling her because she jumped down their throats to get to the next achievement. And nobody was able to tell her about herself because she had so much power so quickly in her career. To give that much power to someone at such a young age, had obviously made her insane.