XXI.

beyoncé giselle.
october 16th.
nyc.

"Get off me girl. Let me sleep."

"Sorry baby," Onika rested on my back, kissing the scratches she made. She raised up and kissed me on my cheek before she rolled over beside me.

I was about to stop spending the night here. I was too tired, and that was all her fault. She pissed me off to the point of no return, and I was on her until she finally shut up.

She just wanted some attention. She couldn't act right and just ask for the attention she wanted. Her crazy ass just wanted to make me mad. I fucked up when I let her know she was the only one that was able to piss me off like that.

She wanted good things for me. She knew that she was the number one woman in my life. She knew she had no threats. She was just a little crazy, that's all.

She came at me with kisses, smiling real sweet when I opened my eyes.

"Bye Onika."

"But you're up now."

"I'm sleeping," I shut my eyes. It wasn't long before I felt her rustling up under the covers with me, coming in close and resting my hand on her bare ass. She kissed me on my chin then came at my lips again. "Onika I am asleep."

"I love you babe."

I ignored her the way she was purposely ignoring me last night.

"Say it back and I'll leave you alone."

"No you won't."

"Say it."

"I love you."

She kissed me again, "I'm getting in the shower. You wanna come?"

"Nope. I'm sleep."

"Baby..."

"Leave me alone like you said. Go ahead," I patted her on her butt and she finally rolled out of the bed to leave me alone.

There was something wrong with that girl. As a boss, she wanted everyone to stay away from her. As a girlfriend, she never wanted to be by herself. If she had it her way, we would be joined at the hip.

I didn't take it seriously until we had crossed that pond. I thought she would care more about people taking pictures of us or people knowing, especially considering we hadn't even conversed about a relationship. But she didn't care. She didn't care about publications and tabloids or posts on the internet that would go viral because she knew they would.

And I adored her for that. I didn't think she'd be like that, but I didn't know how much I liked a woman that wanted to be seen with me. She was public about me, but private about me at the same time. She cherished me. That thought always made me feel warm on the inside.

"Babe I'm clean. Come get clean."

I peeked my head from under the covers and saw her wet body in the doorway. I dropped my head back down on the bed. She was definitely clean.

"I'm sleeping."

"No you are not."

"Not when you keep on bothering me like you are. Baby let me sleep."