Chapter 2

"So Teardrop. It says you're in Jade Winglet so your cave is the second tunnel on the left, third cave on the right. You should be sharing a cave with the other hybrid Skua." she said. I smiled, another hybrid! That sounds awesome!

"Thanks! I'll see you around!" I said with a small squeak. I trailed off and decided it would be better to go see my cave.

Remember the third cave on the left. third cave on the left. As I got closed to my cave I noticed that someone was watching me. I took a small glance over my shoulder and saw the SeaWing prince and one of the hybrids. Say hello. It shouldn't be that hard. I stopped and turned around to face them.

"H-Hello." I managed to stutter out. "Are you guys a-apart of Jade Winglet?"

"I believe so. My name is Princess Skua, but you can call me just Skua." the hybrid said. She sounded a little like she wanted to intimidate me but I ignored it.

"Nice to meet you. And you must be Prince Turtle?" I asked the frightened-looking SeaWing who was pressed up against Skua.

"Yeah that's right," he said, his cheeks turning as red as rubies.

"I'll see you around," I said before ducking into my cave.

The sight of the cave was rather pleasant and felt somewhat like home. I figured you had to pick where you were going to sleep so I dropped my things off at a small ledge with moss bedding.

"Hi! You must be one of my clawmates!" a high-pitched voice said that almost made me fall off the ledge.

"Hello. Who are you?" I asked curiously. 

"My name is Kinkajou! I think you're the hybrid right? Or one of them?!" she said turning a bright shade of yellow that was practically blinding.

I hopped off the ledge to face the RainWing. She was small and only seemed about 3 years old. She grabbed my talon and raced out of the cave.

"Can I show you the library? Or the music room?" she said dragging me down the hall. "Let's go to the library!"

She scampered down the tunnel dragging me with her. We raced past many rooms that looked similar to mine.

"Um. Kinkajou? Can I go explore on my own?" I asked. She paused and turned teal color.

"Yeah...that's ok," she said, letting go of my talon and bolted down the tunnel.

I walked down the hallway and I started to hear faint whispering and voices talking. I followed the noise and found myself at the entrance to the cafeteria.

SQWAUKKKKKKK!

"EVERYONE, STOP MOVING! ESPECIALLY YOU, CHICKENS!! CHICKENS, GIVE UP! WE'RE GOING TO EAT YOU! THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! STOP RUNNING AWAY RIGHT NOW!" I heard Clay yell.

I made my way towards the small pool of water that was full of fresh fish when a large IceWIng pushed past me. I shivered as his scales hit mine. Why are they so cold?! My eye caught sight of a large cod swimming around the edge of the pool of water. With one quick move, the cod was flipping around in my talon.

"GRAB IT!" Somebody yelled.

"QUICK CATCH IT!" another dragon roared.

I turned around to see a small scavenger running around and other dragons trying to catch it. I felt a small talon brush past my tail and saw a large group of dragonets running toward the small creature. Luckily, a small frail NightWing grabbed the poor thing.

"HEY NIGHTWING!" an icy voice hissed. "YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO GIVE ME BACK MY SCAVENGER BEFORE I SLICE YOUR FACE OFF!"

"No" the NightWing whispered only faintly.

"FIVE SECONDS! THIS IS MY SCAVENGER BUT MY IDIOT CLAWMATE LET HIM OUT!" he hissed. I could see the small ice crystals beginning to form in his breath.

"No," she said again.

"I COULD FREE YOU ONE PART AT A TIME-FIRST YOU HORNS. THEN SNAP THEM OF-" he started to hiss before he was cut off by a handsome-looking SandWing pushing in front of him.

"Hey, calm down, all right? No one is getting sliced up or frozen and snapped apart," he said in a calming voice that seemed to ease the NightWing. "I'm the idiot clawmate although I usually go by Qibli."

I turned away from the scene and took a large chomp out of the cod I had caught earlier. I headed toward the door and accidentally bumped into Skua.

"Hey, Skua!" I said with a grin on my face.

"Oh hey. Sorry, I never got your name. What is it?" she asked.

"Teardrop," I replied. "I think I'm going to head to the library to study till sunset."

"Ok! See you tomorrow!" she said walking towards the pool of water.

I walked down the tunnel and took a sharp turn to the left to head to the library. I hoped it would be a nice place to relax after all that had happened on my first day. As I stepped through the door I was greeted by a small blind NIghtWing at the front desk which I knew was Starflight.

"Hello! Are you Teardrop?" he asked as I got closer.

"Yep that's me," I replied.

"Here's your library card and if you need anything please let me know," he said smiling. He handed me a small wood carven card and I put it in my pouch. I flew up to one of the ledges and opened up one of the scrolls I had received when I first arrived. 

☆○o。 。o○☆

After about 4 hours of reading and studying I decided it would be better for me to get some sleep. As I walked into the sleeping cave I was surprised to see Skua sleeping in a small pool of water. Quietly I hopped onto the ledge and laid my head down. Just before my eyes fluttered shut, I felt a tapping on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw Prince Turtle with a smile on his face.

"Do you want to go down to the moon pools with me?" he asked, blushing uncontrollably.

"When?" I asked. I could feel my cheeks burning.

"Right now!" he said, giggling.

"I would love to!" I replied. I never thought I would be able to respond to him. But I did. I over came my biggest fear.

Talking to my crush

{WC: 1059}

Hey guys! What do you know? Two chapters in one day! Wow, so many words! Have a great day or night and make sure to follow my bestie @TheFanWing! Have a great day or night!!

~Kally