Chapter 3

The SeaWing prince grabbed my talon as I hopped off of the small ledge. He guided me through the tunnels and down toward the moon pools. As we got closer I could hear the water crashing up against the rocks and sliding back down again. As we turned the last corner I gasped. The water was glowing and the walls had thousands of glow worms, glowing at full brightness.

"Here we are," he said, he let go of my talon and dived into the water.

I was about to dive in with him but I suddenly remembered that I didn't know how to swim. Since my father Coho was so worried about me going outside he never bothered to teach me how to swim.

"Um, Turtle," I said. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. "I don't know how to swim."

"What do you mean you don't know how to swim?" he said jokingly.

"My father never taught me. He was worried if I ever showed myself to the ocean the SeaWings would kill me and he never let me out of the cave!" I said with much expression in my voice.

"I'll help you," he said. I stepped into the pool of water and Turtle grabbed my talon, guiding me deeper into the water.

"I'm scared, Turtle!" I exclaimed as we got to wing deep water.

"Don't worry I got you," he said putting a wing around me and helping me float.

We swam deeper until I couldn't touch the bottom any longer. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest and my cheeks burning like a fire.

"I'm going to let you go and see if you can swim," Turtle said slowly letting his wing drop.

I could feel my body sinking deeper and deeper as Turtle removed his wing. I screamed in fear and splashed the water with my wings.

"Hey calm down!" Turtle said.

"I can't do this!" I cried. I stopped splashing and let my body sink into the water. 

I had no idea if I could breathe underwater since I never got the chance to swim. As my head submerged under the dark water I felt my lungs gasping for air. I opened my eyes to reveal Turtle grasping my talons and jerking me upwards. As my head broke the surface I gasped for air.

"Are you alright!?" He asked.

"I think so but I wanna go back to my sleeping cave," I admitted.

"That's fine with me. I'll see you tomorrow," he said swimming me back to the rock ledges.

I ran through the tunnels and back to my sleeping cave where I hopped onto the ledge. I laid down and closed my eyes. Moments later I drifted off into a deep sleep.

{WC: 474}

Here's another chapter! I hope you enjoy it! Please follow, leave a comment, and vote!! Have a great night or day!! Love you guys so much!! <3

~Kally