Chapter 4

"IT'S MORNING! ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL!!" a squeaky and high-pitched voice exclaimed.

"Ugh, Kinkajou...." I grumbled

"It is the opposite of wonderful." Skua hissed.

"We get to meet our winglet today!" Kinkajou went on. "I can't wait to see who will be in it! I know you, Moon, Skua, and the grumpy SkyWing are in Jade Winglet with me!"

"Awesome," I said sarcastically.

"We're supposed to become friends. And then we'll understand all the tribes! And nobody will ever want to go to war again!" she said happily. "I can't wait to meet our SeaWing! They sound so weird!"

I jumped off the ledge and started to walk towards the exit before I was stopped by Kinkajou. What does she want now? I just want to go to the library

"We can't leave yet! We have our first class with our winglet!" she exclaimed, jumping up and down.

GONG!! GONG!!

"That's the first warning! LET'S GO! LET'S GO!!. HURRY UP DRAGONS!" she yelled.

I ran out the door and managed to get stuck between a grumpy SkyWing and a light green SeaWing. I followed Kinkajou down the hallway and we took a sharp turn into a large cave with an open window. There was a waterfall that crashed down into a small pool. A sign on the wall read: CLASSROOM WITH TSUNAMI. My stomach gurgled and I remembered I didn't eat breakfast.

"Welcome! Hello, you must be Kinkajou, Moon, and Carneilen." Tsunami said as they sat down. I froze looking around the room. "Hey, you must be one of the hybrids! What's your name sweetie?"

"T-Teardrop." I stuttered sitting down next to Kinkajou and Moonwatcher.

"Skua!" Tsunami suddenly exclaimed embracing Skua in a hug.

"You seem to be doing well with remembering everyone's name! That's great sis!" Skua said. She shot me a glare and sat down next to Carneilen. A small MudWing came through the door and Kinkajou gasped.

"OH! You're Umber, right? Clay's brother?" she asked welcoming him into the classroom.

"That's right." he said smiling. I looked over at Moon and she had a smile starting to form on her face.

"Oh good! Here comes the last pair. After yesterday, we decided to switch around a bit. You're all interested in scavengers, so it seemed like a good match." Tsunami said as Qibli and Winter entered the classroom.

I sighed heavily and remembered how mean Winter was to poor Moon. They both sat down and I looked over at Skua and her cheeks were starting to turn a bright pink. Oooh someone's in love.

"Let's introduce ourselves. Maybe it's unnecessary, but Sunny said we should. And then she said I probably won't listen to her, so there." Tsunami sighed. "I'm Tsunami. I was going to call myself 'Commander of The Recruitment', but everyone voted that I would be terrible at recruiting and made me head of the school instead."

"What if I prefer to be with dragons from my tribe? Such as my sister." Winter hissed.

"Are we stuck with this group?" Carnelian said, her voice louder than Winter's.

"That's not how I'd put it, Carneilen, but yes," Tsunami answered, rolling her eyes.

"When do we get to eat?" Umber asked, trying to hold in a laugh. "Just kidding! I'm pretending to be Clay."

"Right...Introductions! Carneilen would you like to go first?" Tsunami asked.

"I'm Carneilen," she said with a numb look on her face. I must have zoned out because when I regained focus, Moonwatcher was speaking.

"I'm Moonwatcher. but please, call me Moon" she started to say. "Um. I grew up in the rainforest. And um I like scrolls."

"Me too. At least, I like scrolls that weren't written by my Mother. I've read way too many. I'm Turtle." The SeaWing prince added on. I could see Turtle giving Moon a loving look and I could feel the jealousy surge through my body. 

I felt like I was about to pass out when Qibli started talking. All of these dragons made me feel sick. My vision started to go blurry and I collapsed onto the cold stone floor of the classroom.

"TEARDROP!!" Kinkajou screamed turning light green in fear. "SOMEONE HELP HER! TAKE HER TO THE MEDIC!!"

The last thing I saw before passing out was the emerald eyes of Prince Turtle.

{WC: 720}

Sorry for the wait for this chapter!! I had like no time to write it until today so I really hope you guys enjoy it. Have a great day or night!!! <3

~Kally