✦ LESSON 1 : KEEP ME DRY ✧

❛ 𝑩𝑶𝒀𝑺 𝙳𝙾𝙽'𝚃 𝐶𝑅𝑌 ❜ - CHAPTER ONE࿏ ⁎ ⁑ 𝓐 𝐺𝐻𝐸𝑇𝑇𝑂𝐹𝐸𝐼𝑁 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ⁑ ⁎ ࿏♞ 𝗝𝗔𝗛𝗦𝗘𝗛'𝗦 𝗨𝗡𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 ♞❝ 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍' 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃, 𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐓 '𝐄𝐌 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐘 ❞

𝑩𝑶𝒀𝑺 𝙳𝙾𝙽'𝚃 𝐶𝑅𝑌 ❜ - CHAPTER ONE
࿏ ⁎ ⁑ 𝓐 𝐺𝐻𝐸𝑇𝑇𝑂𝐹𝐸𝐼𝑁 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ⁑ ⁎ ࿏
♞ 𝗝𝗔𝗛𝗦𝗘𝗛'𝗦 𝗨𝗡𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 ♞
❝ 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍' 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃, 𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐓 '𝐄𝐌 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐘 ❞

     GLOOMINESS STRETCHED FOR MILES across the city, just past the brink of dawn. Jahseh sat in the "quiet room" of his brick, loft style home. He was most comfortable in his blue cushiony chair that he sunk into. As he rolled him up a spliff, he picked out a book from the lots of many stacks. The Bluest Eye, by Toni Morrison is what he had pulled out. The young man had been reading the book for quite some time now, mainly because he would always restart whenever he got caught up in life. He tended to forget a lot of what he read, but this time around he had started writing notes for himself. The crazy thing was, he had already read the book back in high school for a writing assignment. His teacher, Ms. Millie, had helped him every step of the way even though she didn't need to.

Jahseh was smart, but he pretended not to be. He didn't act uneducated, he just didn't let it show as much. Ms. Millie knew he didn't need help, he just needed someone to talk to, and she was glad to be that person for him. She was his favorite teacher, and he was her favorite student. A much older lady, she was gentle and compassionate- something his mother lacked in, in all areas. Jahseh had rolled himself a thick blunt, he licked the honey flavored backwood leaf and began to seal the cigar securely closed with his own saliva. Gazing outside of his window, he seen two birds soaring in the sky, he imagined in his head that they were playing with one another. Though they could've been trying to kill each other.

Finishing his wood, he nodded his head to the low, relaxing- but upbeat melody of This Sounds Chicago AF, by Nascent and Korporate. It gave off this old school aura that was unmatched. The only artists he listened to on a daily were NBA Young Boy, Nipsey Hussle, and 2Pac. Again, that was on a day to day basis, he rarely came out of his comfort zone to listen to new people. He didn't discriminate, but he didn't listen to bullshit. If you weren't telling a story, preaching real shit, or on a chill type of timing, he wasn't listening. Yelling in his ear and spitting out nonsense, was something he didn't go for. However he came upon the song, and it really caught his ear. To be fair, he just didn't feel like changing it. He flipped open his book, his bookmark leading him to the last page he was on. As he lit the blunt, he leaned up and set the bookmark on the shelf in front of him. Jah placed the blunt in between his soft, plump, moistened lips that were two toned.