7 | He Realized His Mistake

I was having a bad week

I knew that essentially nothing had changed. Okay, so Jennie had not given up, but had I ever dreamed for one moment that she had? Her reappearance had only confirmed what I'd already known. No reason for fresh panic. In theory. Not panicking was easier said than done.

Graduation was only a few weeks away, but I wondered if it wasn't a little foolish to sit around, weak and tasty, waiting for the next disaster. It seemed too dangerous to be human — just begging for trouble.

Someone like me shouldn't be human. Someone with my luck ought to be a little less helpless. But no one would listen to me.

Joon had said, "There are seven of us, Jungkook. And with Jimin on our side, I don't think Jennie's going to catch us off guard. I think it's important, for Jaewoo's sake, that we stick with the original plan."

Jin had said, "We'd never allow anything to happen to you, sweetheart. You know that. Please don't be anxious." And then he'd kissed my forehead.

Hobi had said, "I'm really glad Taehyung didn't kill you

Hobi had said, "I'm really glad Taehyung didn't kill you. Everything's so much more fun with you around." Rosé had glared at him.

Jimin had rolled his eyes and said, "I'm offended. You're not honestly worried about this, are you?"

"If it's no big deal, then why did Taehyung drag me to Florida?" I'd demanded.

"Haven't you noticed yet, Kook, that Taehyung is just the teeniest bit prone to overreaction?"

Suga had silently erased all the panic and tension in my body with his curious talent of controlling emotional atmospheres. I'd felt reassured, and let them talk me out of my desperate pleading. Of course, that calm had worn off as soon as Taehyung and I had walked out of the room.

So the consensus was that I was just supposed to forget that a deranged vampire was stalking me, intent on my death. Go about my business. I did try. And surprisingly, there were other things almost as stressful to dwell on besides my status on the endangered species list. . . . VBecause Taehyung's response had been the most frustrating of them all.