Promise V

I flinched as an ache appeared in the corner of my head again. A warm set of fingertips massaged my temple, making me moan in satisfaction.

"You're awake. How're you feeling?"

I moved slightly, realising that my pillow is a bit weird. I looked upward as I turned my body, welcomed by a worried gaze from my husband. One of his hands is softly touching my hair, while the other is warmly intertwined with mine.

Then I realised we are still in the living room, and I am pretty comfortably lying on his lap. Though there is a soft cushion under my head, that doesn't change the fact that I am still lying on his lap.

How long have I been lying this way?

All I remembered was when he hugged me after I questioned him, I laid back on the sofa and closed my eyes for a little bit of rest. I must have fallen asleep then. When I attempted to pull my hand away from his grasp, he responded against this action.

"You look a little red." His voice was laced with a slight panic as his free hand lightly touched my forehead. As if that wasn't enough, he leaned closer and touched his forehead with mine. This made me bite my inner lips, trying to breathe a little steadily, though his closeness is a little awkward for me.

When he finally lifted his head, he turned his head, and his cheeks were too near my lips. "Even your breath is a little warm. We should get you some cold medicine."

I bit my lower lips, trying my hardest to keep steady from his intimate actions. How does he keep so steady while I'm almost shaking from his intimacy? "I'm okay. I just have a little bit of a headache, but it'll go away soon."

He rubbed my knuckles with his thumb, and I saw him gulp as his head was still hovering closely above mine. His free hand massaged my temples gently. "Does that make you feel better?"

I nodded as I let out a heavy sigh, closing my eyes in satisfaction. This does feel so good. I muffled another moan. When I opened my eyes, Yunxi dropped a peck on my nose. "I always love watching you sleep, looking very soft and calm. My wife, I am so lucky to have you."

His smile at me looks so sincere, and I feel guilty for the words I threw at him earlier. I stopped his massaging hand and pulled his hand to my cheek. "I'm sorry, Yunxi."

Yunxi blinked in surprise, but he didn't ask anything, patiently waiting for me to continue.

"I know you are a celebrity, and there will be heavy consequences if you tell the public that you suddenly married a stranger. It'll be easier to say we were childhood sweethearts." I bit my lower lips as my voice trailed off softer. His letting out a slow breath indicated he was listening to my words. "I should understand your career better than to suddenly attack you like that. So, I'm sorry about talking to you like that earlier."

He smiled at me, his thumb rubbing softly on my cheek. "It's okay. I would be surprised if you suddenly understood everything, so I sort of expected that kind of reaction. Though I won't deny I was a little panicked with your words, I was also a bit happy about it."

"Happy?" It was my turn to be shocked.

Yunxi chuckled and rubbed his nose against mine playfully. "You acted like that because you care about us. All of this time, you'd just pushed me aside without paying much attention, but this time you did. You paid attention to something about me, and I like it."

I'm paying more attention to him? Since when?

My mind flew back to the time I saw his interview preview at the mall last week. Perhaps I didn't realise it myself; since when have I started to give him some attention.