Promise VIII

I flinched at the feel of soft lips on my forehead. My heavy eyelids opened to see Yunxi's face so dangerously close to mine, with a lingering soft smile on his lips.

"You're going now?" I took a deep breath, trying to part my eyelids that were threatening to close again. He smells so fresh; he must have just cleaned up and is now ready to go.

"Go back to sleep; it's still early. I'll text you later." His hand played with the hair on top of my head as he talked.

I closed my eyes again and lay on my side, settling into the pillow as I felt him place the blanket up to my shoulder. For a few minutes, I could still feel his fingers softly rubbing the top of my head.

"Hubby, if you need to go, then you should go. I don't want you to be late." I caught his fingers and squeezed them lightly.

His sudden giggle made me wake up a little more than earlier.

"Call me that one more time, wifey. It makes me happy when you call me your husband."

Did I call him that? How did I let that slip?

Bzz bzz.

The vibration of his phone filled the silence in the room as he glanced at it and threw his two long legs off the bed. I took the chance to shut my eyes and pretend that I'd gone back to sleep.

"If I had the choice, I wouldn't leave you at all, my beautiful wife. I'll be thinking of you."

His warm breath touched my cheek as he gave me one final peck and walked off.

---

When I walked into the kitchen, I saw a breakfast set ready for me. I smiled as I saw simple toast and eggs with a glass of milk. He does this once in a while, and even if he missed making breakfast, we would leave store-bought food too.

As I sat down, my phone pinged at a received message.

'Miss Nuo, you might want to see this. Your Grandpa says we won't block good news, so we won't do anything. Also, your Grandpa asked you to give him a call this morning.'

It was Weijun, Grandpa's secretary. She would rarely text me unless there was something Grandpa wanted to say to me, but he got busy. Ever since I came back from abroad, I rarely get any texts from Weijun. Opening the text, I pressed on the link she sent me. It was an article that somehow got thousands of reactions and comments.

Newly In And Hot: Luo Yunxi's Phone Wallpaper Exposed!

Sighing inwardly, I already knew the content of this as I skimmed through the article and saw the picture. Yunxi was waving at his fans with his phone in his hand. It wasn't such a clear photo as it was shot from a video of him walking out of the van, but his fans really saw it.

Luo Yunxi said he wouldn't post the picture of us kissing on social media! How sneaky of him!

I was about to text him but stopped myself. In a way, he didn't post it, so he technically didn't do anything wrong, even though I have heavy doubts that he did that on purpose again. Shaking my head, I decided to ignore it and dial Grandpa's number instead.

"Nuo Nuo, drop by the main office before lunch time. Let's discuss the job position you want to get."

A smile carved on my face as I heard Grandpa was now in town. "I'll see you later, Grandpa."

A text came in when I was on the short call, though I'm not sure I should even reply to that.

'Wifey, I've just finished doing the hair and makeup. I miss you.'