Cloudy Day I

ACT II: Despite the clouds that seemed to have parted, the skies still refused to be clear. It was indeed a cloudy day.

-

"Luo loushi, if we charge them, the entire crew and filming might be affected."

I took a deep breath, but I was firm with my decision. How dare someone try to slander my marriage? "I've discussed this with the director, and he fully supports this. But I am certain about this: charge them. At least for spreading false rumours."

"We'll take care of it, then."

As the phone call disconnected, I sighed inwardly and glanced at the photo on my locked screen. It was still the photo of Xiao Nuo and I kissing on the ferris wheel cabin on my birthday. My heart sank a little at the thought of her seeing that video.

I hope she hasn't seen the post. Please don't let her already see it.

A text came in from Weijun, the contents of which I was pretty much expecting.

'We've blocked the news for you and will keep monitoring. If you want to take action, we can take care of that too.'

Xiao Nuo's grandpa is always trying to help; she is so lucky. Instead of replying to that, I gave Grandpa a call to tell him that I had asked my agency to take care of it, and I thanked him for the offer and efforts.

"Does Nuo Nuo already know?"

I took a sharp breath at his question. "I am not sure, Grandpa."

"That-" Grandpa's voice was a little shaky, and then he cleared his throat. "I know you are very busy, but do try to spend more time with her."

"Yes, I will try my best, Grandpa."

I looked again at our photo, and a familiar tug in my heart appeared again.

I miss you so much, my Xiao Nuo.

---

"Thank you all; you've worked hard."

I bowed to everyone as I walked out of the set, and Junfeng ge directed me to the car that was waiting just outside.

"Give him some wet tissue. He said he doesn't want to waste time washing off his makeup."

His tone indicated his stressed-out mind, and I just took the handed-over tissue and handheld mirror, helping myself to the wiping.

"Yunxi, we have an update on Li Fang."

I raised my eyebrows slightly but kept quiet to let him say more. Her highlighted hair and smile flashed behind my eyelids; she never looked like she would do such a thing, and yet here we are.

"The agency will help you charge her with trying to slander your image. She signed a 'non-disclosure agreement' when she took up the job, so the law is definitely on our side."

I took a deep breath, still not thinking I should say anything. She looked harmless. She really did. Why would she suddenly try to create a scandal?

"Her motive was unclear."

Obviously.

I squeezed the used wet tissue in one hand, though I could feel Junfeng ge's eyes on me.

"Don't think too much about it. There are just too many Yunxi-Bailu fans out there, and it's no wonder some of the crew are too. It is a mess, but it's a mess that would have been created sooner or later by others if she didn't do it."

Nodding at his speech, I felt a little relieved by his pat on my shoulder. I looked outside at the city view outside the window, blurring away as the car sped through the night roads.