Promise VI

Luo Yunxi, do you realise that I'm doubting you?

I let out an inward sigh as he flashed yet another gleeful smile. His body started vibrating again as another series of laughs erupted from his chest. I sat almost impatiently beside him on the sofa as he laughed for the nth time today.

And he really did laugh out loud.

"Xiao Nuo, I am too happy about this."

Yunxi turned my face towards his' and gave me a peck on the nose. Before he could advance further, I was about to stand up, but he was unfortunately faster.

Faster and stronger, too.

I ended up lying on my back with my husband just hovering above me with the most gleeful face I have ever seen from him. My legs shivered slightly when his cold phone slipped down my sides. Realising that, he fished his phone, supported his weight with his elbows, and unlocked his phone again.

"Stop looking," I said to him, half glaring.

"I don't want to." His reply was quick. "I love this headline: Luo Yunxi was spotted giving his wife a passionate kiss early in the morning. Did they have a hot night? "

Tsk. He's enjoying this a little too much.

"Can't you block these images or news or something?"

He finally put his phone away and looked at me. "I don't see anything wrong with it."

He played with my hair, and my cheeks tickled a little bit.

"It is wrong." I started to argue with him. "We were on the balcony of our house. Isn't that a breach of privacy?"

I glanced up to make sure the curtains were not drawn again. A little paranoia and insecurity started to trickle down my nerves, and I don't like that feeling.

When I looked back at Yunxi, his forehead was slightly wrinkled. "That's true; it is a kind of breach of privacy, and that can one day be a problem if not dealt with immediately. There needs to at least be a warning."

Finally, he sees the real problem here.

"You should at least get off me first." I tried to push him off me, and his focus returned to me.

"Am I heavy?" He touched my forehead again and then let out another series of giggles. Then he continued to run his knuckles down the side of my face with a playful smile hanging from his lips. "I am pretty comfortable having you in this position."

"Luo Yunxi, get off me."

I huffed out some air and frowned at him. Just because it's his birthday, he is a little ahead of himself today.

"Okay."

He gave me another peck on the nose and moved aside, pulling my arm so I could sit properly.

"Husband.."

"Yes?" His arms pulled me close to him at my waist. "You should call me that more, wifey."

How did that word slip off my tongue?

"That wasn't on purpose for exposure, right?" I said it slowly, though a little guilt smeared my heart as I saw his gleeful face drop slightly at my question.

Turning me towards him, he looked into my eyes calmly. "Sometimes I wonder where you keep a list of 'things for me to doubt my husband on' in that brain of yours."

I pressed my lips together. "I just want reassurance."

Yunxi rearranged the hair on my shoulders again. "The kiss was real. The request was real. It has nothing to do with the media."