Three- Caught the Eye?

Season Two Episode One Part 2- MadMax

October 30th, 1984.

After Eve had picked up her schedule and locker number from the office, she found herself looking around for her first class until she found it- the same one where her stepbrother was opening.

She wondered if she could skip class- at this point, anything was better than seeing her brother. He was still mad at her for earlier, and when he saw them sharing a class he would scream at her like it was her fault that she couldn't switch classes on her first day. If she was going to go in, her home would become hell for the next few days.

She decided that she was going to go in- Billy didn't get to control her life, and she opened the door right when Billy had closed it, and froze when she found every pair of eyes, tired or annoyed, were staring right at her. She had interrupted Billy's introduction to the class, as the teacher cleared her throat to get their attention.

The teacher pushed Eve encouragingly to the front, were she stood next to her brother, who looked ready to murder her with his looks. Eve scanned the judgmental eyes of the rest of the teenagers, looking for someone she thought was nice and willing to be friends with someone they just met.

Her eyes locked onto a boy, sitting middle row, next to the windows. He was already staring at her with one hand supporting his chin. His hair was messily on his head, and flopped around whenever he moved. Regardless though, he seemed nice and was taking her in as well.

Steve thought she was one of the prettiest girls he had ever seen in his life. He knew that it was wrong to think like that, for he already had Nancy, but he couldn't help it. She looked so nervous and shy standing in the front of the classroom, with her beautiful brown hair curled softly. Her brown eyes scanned the room, when they met his. Steve sent her a warm smile, to which she responded with a blush that caused her to look away.

The teacher nudged Billy and Eve to be closer to each other, them being almost 5 feet apart. Billy glared at Eve with such hatred as the boys began to talk about Eve, and the girls about Billy. The only person who seemed to notice besides Eve was the beautiful boy next to the window, him glaring at Billy the second he noticed.

In return, Billy smirked at Steve tauntingly.

"Well, aren't we fortunate? Two, new students today! This is Billy," the teacher said, placing a gentle hand on Billy's shoulder, "and Eve." she did the same to Eve, but Eve flinched when the teacher made contact with the girl, and began to fidget with her hands. This movement didn't faze anyone except for Steve, who began to wonder what had happened earlier in her life that made her flinch like that.

"Alright, Billy, you can sit in the front, next to Tasha, Tasha raise your hand," Tasha giggled as Billy approached her. Billy sent her a smirk before sitting down, Eve rolling her eyes. "and Eve, you can sit next to Steve." The teacher motioned to the brown haired boy who she had thought was quite cute.

Eve headed to her seat, and sat in it while the teacher started talking about literature.

While she focused on the lecture, Steve found himself glancing at her momentarily, and decided to pass her a note.

"Hi."

Steve passed her the note and watched as she saw and wrote something on the back as well.

"Hi."

Steve smiled, she was quite tight lipped about herself.

He wrote back with a, "I'm Steve."

He passed the note back.

Eve responded with a, "I know."

Steve chuckled softly to himself before writing a reply, "You're very tight-lipped, you know that, right?"