9: Crime Scene

"So you can get me on sight as usual?" Louis asks as he rubbed his temple hoping for good news.

"Of course Tomlinson. Just show up and I'll be there." He hears from officer Malik and Louis nods grinning knowing that he might be able to figure what's going on.

"That's great. Thanks." Louis grins as they hang up and Louis sighed.

"Any good news?" He hears across the room. He glanced up seeing Harry watching him waiting for an answer. Louis shrugged, as he didn't say anything. Louis picked up his coffee and took a drink as he looked back at his desk.

"We'll leave in fifteen." Louis spoke seeing the door open seeing Liam walking out off his office. He put his legs on his desk relaxing a bit. Louis eyes him as he walked over past his desk and towards the bathroom. He let out a sighed and sat up put his cup down in a swift motion and gazed down on his desk at the file.

He opened the file one more time seeing the pictures right on top of all the victims. He pushed them aside seeing the record of what was seen at each crime scene. He knew all of the items were seen at the last one. He knew if he'd updated the folder Liam would find out and maybe get taken away from his job on his case.

"Found anything new?" He heard Liam speak above him. He glanced up from the file and watched Liam for a minute and shook his head and leaned back in his chair.

"It's all the same. I'm still surprised there's no witnesses around of every murder." He spoke running his hands through his hair.

"You have another week. If you don't get any leads on it then you're off the case for good." Liam spoke. Louis looked up at him and shakes his head.

"I'm not leaving this case." Louis spoke glaring towards him crossing his arms. Liam raised his eyebrow towards him and everything got quiet. Of course it was quiet since it was getting late and most people already left except a few people here and there. "I'm not letting you do that."

"I'm your boss and that's final. End of the week and if nothing, then you're off." Liam sternly said watching Louis reaction. Louis glared back and bit his lip watching him as they both watched each other.

Neither one of them said anything as Liam turned around and walked back towards his office. He watched him walking over and stopped as he got to the doorframe and spoke without turning around.

"One week. That's it." Liam spoke louder with and irritation sound in his voice as he closed the door firmly behind him. Louis bit his lip still watching the door, as it stayed closed. He scooted down the chair and changed his view to the file.

"You've been staring at the file for five minutes, are you ready to go or what?" He heard over his shoulder making him jump in his chair and quickly turning his whole chair around meeting up with Harry who let out a chuckle at his reaction.

It was quiet between them as Louis glared up at Harry feeling his face slightly getting hot. He let out a frustration breath and turned around slightly hitting Harry to step back. Louis glanced at the photos for a second as he tossed them that were in his hand back on his desk and turning back around eyeing him.

"Five more minutes. If you have to do anything, do it now." Louis spoke as he took a deep breath and grabbed his cold coffee on his desk as he got up and walked off away needing air for a while from his desk.

He came up to Niall's desk as he was typing his way on his computer. Louis looked over his shoulder seeing he was writing up a report. Louis scanned through it quickly and all was heard at the moment were Niall's hands typing on the keyboard. Louis stood up nodding to himself and was about to sat something to him until he heard Harry shout.