1: Determination

He sat there on his office running his hands through his ragged hair. Sweat across his skin and his hands were shaking. His day has been repulsive and the worse thing is that his last case ended badly.

His friend, his only friend he had in ages ended up dead. Dead, dead indeed. It was like every case he ends up doing with his new partner ends up dead and he hated it. After so many people getting killed he stayed away from anyone who wanted to be his partner.

Even his boss wanted him to have a new partner. Even now he gave up on having a partner in crime. Being a detective and with all these mysterious crimes happening in town. A murderer has been in town for a long time and they still haven't been able to find who it could be the murderer.

Staring at the files on his desk he just want to find the mass murderer and get off this case. He could get off the case a long time ago, but he wanted to do this himself.

"TOMLINSON!" He jumped up looking up to see his boss at the foot of his desk. He sighs and gaze up at him, his boss usually never shown a smile on his face, but now he's does.

"Yea sir?" He asks watching him. He ended up realized he seen his boss had a smile on his face. 

"Uh...Mr. Payne, why are you so happy about?" He asks not knowing what he was going to say.

"I know you're going to argue with what I'm saying, but I'm not letting you out to investigate with the case by yourself." His eye widen as he looked at him and he quickly shook his head.

"No, Liam, as I told you before I'm not going to have another detective with me at all!" He shouted knowing it was only he, his boss and maybe one or two other people at this time of hour.

"I'm serious. Either you get a new partner or you're being pulled off the case immediately!" Liam spoke sternly glaring down at Mr. Tomlinson, as he tightened his hands into fists and glared back at him.

He knew he couldn't say no. What else could he do? Everyone knew he was the best detective. Well...use to. He was always able to solve a case before it got out of hand and he wasn't so sure if he could do so anymore. He wasn't sure if he could handle not doing this anymore. He loves solving mysteries and most of all. He knew his boss was right. Working alone, he knew that it was going to be the biggest mistake of his life.

In frustration, Mr. Tomlinson sighs and looks down at his desk thinking about all his past partners that helped him almost get the case done, then back to zero. Even now he was still down to zero. No leads or anything.

He bit his lip rough, but not to hard to make it bleed. His hands loosened from the corners of his desk and then he slowly calmed down back into his regular mood. No smile across his face. He barely wore any smile anymore. Not after the first time this all happened. He never want to put anyone in this situation ever again.

"So are you going to listen to me Louis or are you going to leave and never come back?" He heard Liam speak, but more in a calmer voice then he had since he started to speak to him.

Louis took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in his throat. It was nothing he could do now. They both know they need to find the killer. The one behind the bloody murderers that people are so afraid of, more enough, Louis was the one who needs help finding who is behind this mess.

"Who is it?" Louis hesitantly mutters. His mouth was dry. He wasn't sure why he was nervous. Well of course he knew. He knew why he was so nervous to get a new partner to help him. He was always scared for their safety more then his.

"I'm sure you two will be great team. For his work of experience he moved just a week ago trying to find a job and we found him. I think this time you two can capture the killer." Mr. Payne said. His voice was now much calmer and made Louis relaxes more.

Was he sure that they could do it. Louis mainly thought for a new partner it's going to be his fault as always. They get close enough and the next day or even an hour and he hears his partner was the next murder. It's been four months. People are still getting killed and Louis needs to find him and put a stop to it.

Louis quickly sucks in the air and stands up bluffly. He couldn't, he wouldn't, he would find the murder. Louis was certain after he stared into Liam's eyes seeing the glimpse of hope in his eyes, a glimpse of hope in himself knowing this time, would be the time where he and his new partner would find out who is behind it all.

"What's his name sir?" He spoke feeling more confident. He could see the smirk on his face and Liam could see the determination in his fellow workers eyes.

"His name. You're detective's name and he wants to actually have lunch with you tomorrow...is Harry Styles."