3: Making a Friend

(Harry’s POV)

After Lunch we decided to head to the office. Since we had both our cars we met each other there. I tap on my steering wheel as I thought about what he said. ‘You better keep yourself ready. Because anything could happen.’ I gulped at that as I drove my way back towards our work. It wasn’t something I never been in a situation to. Nothing more then the murderer, but we usually found them dead back where I was. Moving here may, well might be a bad mistake, but I’m willing to take my chances.

Waiting patiently for the light to turn green I checked my pocket watch my father gave me before I decided to move here. My whole family thought I was giving up being a detective and going to the university, but I don’t bother. I mean I love school, but I could never see myself doing anything besides being a detective and working on cases.

Running my hands through my hair I glanced up seeing the light change to green. The area around me is just dull, too dull for my taste. I always thought this place would be shining, but I was wrong. I heard from everyone I talked to be that it’s been cloudy for as long as they can remember.

Accelerating my car, I smoothly got passes all the other light and arrive at the office is no time. I saw Louis getting out of the car as I pulled up into a empty parking space and straightened myself out before I got out. I took a sip of my drink I take with me everywhere. I licked my lips and I got out holding it in my hand as Louis stood there waiting for me with a expressionless look.

This guy is a bit creeping me out. Even if he takes he job more serious then me, but I do. I take my job serious and the guys back before I moved were upset when I said I was moving away.

I quickly straightened my black shirt and my jacket and walked over towards him in a quick pace not wanting him to wait any longer. When I finally made it towards him, he opened the door holding it for me. I nod towards him and I walked in and he follows right on my trail.

If I’d say I wasn’t nervous I’d be lying. I’m always nervous the first day of anything I end up doing no matter what I always freak out, reason why my drink calms me down. We can down to what I’m pretty sure if I remember right was Louis’ desk. I stopped and Liam quickly walked over and put his stuff down. I stopped myself for saying anything as I watched him closely. He where everything was, moving his hands through one drawer and next moment he was putting files on his desk and I stood there watching in amazement.

“Tomlinson, Styles! I’m delighted to see you both together.” We both heard. Louis didn’t bother saying anything back as he kept looking for another file, which I assume was misplaced.

I nod towards Mr. Payne and gaze back towards Louis. I swear if he ends up forgetting about me any time soon I don’t know what I was going to do, He said I was his partner and we need to figure out the case he’s been on for ages. Apparently there have been murders for quiet a while and everyone that worked for Mr. Tomlinson ends up dying.

Explaining all that to me made me sick to my stomach. I don’t want to die, but if I hope I die by doing my job and not by some recklessness. The room was quiet and I notice Mr. Payne was standing next to me watching Louis as well. I wasn’t so sure what was going on. I felt a light tension between the two, but I pushed that away as I hears a slap of papers hits his desk.  I examined them seeing there were at least fifteen files lying across his desk each noting a different date. I heard a sigh and I knew that came from our boss.

“Tomlinson, I told you to put them in their rightful place, not your rightful place.” I could hear the harsh tone coming from him and I stayed quiet not knowing what to do.

“Oh Liam. You know me. I don’t follow orders.” Louis snickers and I gazed from the two. I’m pretty sure they were in their own world at the moment as I stood there.