6: New Evidence

~~~~~~~~~~

They all sat in Liam’s office thinking about everything. An hour was all that passed and at least all of them were on the erg of falling asleep even if they should be wondering who’s doing it. Niall, Liam and Louis sat around Niall’s desk going through the papers and thinking. They all sent Harry for a run for coffee for them all as they started to listen.

Now the room is quiet and Louis is sitting at the next staring at the most recent file since apparently they didn’t want them to go check it out so all they have to go on is the file and that’s it. Harry finally came back in with coffee for everyone and handing everyone theirs.

“So still staring at the files?” Harry asks as he finally spoke up from the others.

“None of this is making sense.” Louis says staring at the files.

Soon Niall was the first one who took the top file of the most recent death and finally checked on it.

“Other side of the town, found pretty much the same way. Snapped neck, bruise’s around his body, a few cutes down the arm.” Niall spoke out what the file says.

Liam nods and Louis bit his lip as he kept thinking of the other files he’s does.

“Death of time. April twenty-fourth, early in the morning. They’re saying around two forty-five.” Niall placed the file back down.

Harry picked up the other paper and read through seeing it was the same death of the other.

“Date of death March third.” Harry said looking through it,

“Yep.” Louis says “the one before that was January tenth.” He says going through the next one before.

“That’s kinda a wide range of deaths.” Harry said and Louis nods.

*****

 “So this is where they found him?” Harry asks as they stopped the car in place where the crime scene was.

Louis nods as he strolled towards the cop they always meet at most of the crime scenes. Harry followed after not really knowing the place. Louis ran a hand through his hair and soon called out to the cop.

“Malik!” Louis shouts as he finally got next to the officer as he was talking to people around the area.

 “Took you long enough Tomlinson.” He said as they got next to them. Louis rolled his eyes and Harry looked between the two as they started the conversation.

“Had a meeting with Mr. Payne.” He muttered as he crossed his arms across his chest and looking around as officers were working around the crime scene.

“Who’s the new kid?” He asks not looking their way making Harry glance at Louis who rolled his eyes staring at him.

“My partner.” He said under his breath hoping he won’t hear.

Officer Malik finally looked at him with a raised eyebrow and snickering. “Your new partner, eh?”

“He made me.” Louis spoke after a few minutes of silence.

“Well I feel loved.” Harry finally spoke feeling a bit hurt of everything he was saying.

“Let’s hope he won’t be the next.” Mr. Malik finally said as he looked at the dead body on the ground.

Harry looked at the both of them as Louis smacked the officer on the shoulder and telling him to shut up. Harry wasn’t sure what was with what he said, but he brushed it off as something.