Chapter 6: The Quest Part 1

(Outside of Nazarick)

Demiurge smiled as he stood atop of the walls of Nazarick. Around him was the completion of the artificial forest as decreed by the Supreme Ones. Many skeletons and golems were at work putting up traps and other defenses. The Supreme Being, Punitto Moe, had been a great help in that area naturally. His masterful insight on warfare had shown ideas Demiurge would never have thought of. He even had objects that could provide cover, such as boulders and trees, secretly booby-trapped. That way invaders who moved to them for safety would instead be ensnared. Truly, Punitto Moe lived up to his name as Ainz Ooal Gown's strategist.

"D-Demiurge!" A voice broke the archdevil from his thoughts. Running up to him was Mare. The high druid was assisting Demiurge with the preparations while the Supreme Ones dealt with important matters. He had been putting up trees, bushes and other shrubbery around the dummy hills and other areas per Punitto Moe's orders. If a forest were simply around Nazarick, it would look out of place. 'The point is so the tomb does not stick out. While having these defenses is good, it be better if the tomb wasn't noticed at all.' The Death Vine had explained.

"I've finished my tasks!" Mare reported as he caught his breath.

"Excellent, Mare. With this, Nazarick is both hidden and defended. The Supreme Beings will be pleased." Demiurge commented.

[Ulbert Alain Odle: Demiurge]

The arch devil's eyes widened behind his glasses when he heard his creator's voice, [Demiurge: Yes Ulbert-sama!]

[Ulbert Alain Odle: The [Ark] is ready to mobilize. Come to the 4th Floor and prepare to depart.]

[Demiurge: As you command my creator!]

Demiurge looked at Mare. "Apologies, Mare. But the Supreme Beings have summoned me. Can you take care of the rest up here by yourself?" The arch devil asked.

"No, no problem, Demiurge! I understand!" Mare replied. He knew that if the Supreme Ones called for you, then you must answer immediately. Demiurge nodded. He quickly activated the Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown and teleported himself to the 4th Floor.

Near the edge of the underground lake were the remaining Supreme Beings. The only one who wasn't present was Herohero, fast asleep in his room while tended by several Homunculus Maids. In fact, ever since arriving here, the Elder Black Ooze has done nothing but sleep, unless it was an emergency. Back with the others, they were standing on a recently build dock where the Ark was stationed. With them was also one of the Pleiades, CZ2128 Delta, or CZ for short.

Bukubukuchagama sighed, slouching where she stood. "Ah, I wanted to be an adventurer!" The pink slime complained.

"It can't be helped, Bukubukuchagama-san. You didn't draw the short straw." Tabula said, bringing up of how the guild members chose who would go through a pick of straws. The only ones who didn't have to do it were Bellriver and Amanomhitotsu. The reason for the former was because he was the one taking the [Ark] out.

Bellriver looked at CZ. "So, CZ. What do you think of the [Ark]?" He asked the automaton maid.

"Uwah" CZ said in a monotone voice, but there was a shine in her eye. "Very big. Well armored and the weapons equipped are incredible. Uwah!"

[Bukukuchagama: Ooh, CZ-chan is so cute! I just want to hug her!]

[Punitto Moe: Between her and the twins, which ones are cuter?]

[Bukukuchagama: Don't ask that! It's so hard to choose!]

[Ulbert Alain Odle: Why do you want to bring her with you anyway, Bellriver-san?]