| Part I: Prologue |

━━ 🏐 🏐 🏐 ━━

Love.

I think it's stupid.

It is a royally, a colossally, an enormously, stupid concept. I give my heart to you, you give yours back, we marry and love each other till death; yadda yadda yadda...

Or at least that's what humans are programmed to think. To feel. We're supposed to hold on to these expectations -- these standards -- being completely conscious to the fact that the real world is a completely different ballgame.

It seems to me that people worship love more than we idealize it. We don't actually recognize it for what it is: a misconception. A lie.

After all, my mom didn't tell me it'd hurt like this. That sometimes feelings won't be reciprocated -- maybe she should have. Though; I'd suspect that any mother would have a hard time telling their child that sometimes love chooses its couples. Sometimes a person will never find love. Especially mine.

My mother is sweet. Too sweet. I love her to death...

And with all that being said, despite how much I despise me for being the hypocrite that I am...

I lowered my hand, noticing the images strung along the line beginning to develop it's color. I stepped back in the darkroom.

Despite how much I don't like love.... I've found myself beginning to love something else. Someone more. Someone more than my mother.

"... It's perfect."

At first... I just wanted to be there for her. I thought that maybe my crush on her was because of my curiosity. Because of my adolescence; my hormones...

But ever since that day... three years back... I've just ㅡ I've been hopelessly in love.

I reached for my face mask, gently tugging it from over my ears to prevent my ginger-colored hair from getting caught in the strings.

I've been helplessly in love with (Y/N). Entirely. Ever since I was released from that psychopath's custody, I haven't quite been the same since.

And even though Sugawara was crazy, he made good on his word. I do him a favor, he does me a favor-- he releases me from his torture-house and I get him out of jail. Same with the fire. I did what he asked of me one final time and I would be free. I wouldn't have to see him again. We part ways.

So now...

I picked the developed photos on the line, one by one, waving it and fanning it several times before I allowed my eyes to behold.

I have you. All to myself. Even though you don't like me, I'm fine with that. I'm fine with just watching you like this.

And I'm sure you don't mind the photos, (Y/N). They're just a few.

Taking the paste, I grazed it against the back of all of the films, eventually stepping out of the darkroom and into my bedroom. My dorm was small, but there was an extra room. And since me and my roommate both take up photography as a major... it made things easy.

Flipping over my reversible cork board I tacked the photos onto it, hand sliding over it's clean surface. Today would mark day fifty-one. That means fifty-one photos of (Y/N) now smother the back of this board. One for each day. They're really just a few.

And as I'm zoning out here, watching every photo of (Y/N) as though time we're still, I eventually reached for my satchel.

"Ah, I almost forgot! We're supposed to go out for drinks tonight. I can't forget that." Before flipping the board back over, I left a loose-leaf of paper to cling and hide (Y/N)'s photos. It had whatever useless knowledge I had along with some random slopes and lines. I then flipped it over, with the opposing side of the board being my schedules and upcoming assignments.

"I can't forget my key, either... and my wallet... ah--! My wallet!" It was my favorite wallet, my mom gave it to me.

And after gathering my bearings, and my scarf, I was finally stepping out of my dorm room-- phone in hand.

The door then followed shut after me and I'd been looking down at my messages.

_________________________________________

YOU
lol don't worry, I'll bring it by since you're in class.

Lovable (Y/N)
THANK Y∆OU HINATA! ㅠ~ㅠ

ttyl! ,, professor is watching me xx

_________________________________________

6:51PM

Lovable (Y/N)

I'm on my way now,,
I have Yuuta here with me
We're five minutes out

YOU
OK. I'll be there in 10
ʳᵉᵃᵈ

_________________________________________

Leaving my phone to naturally glide into my pocket, I stepped forward, into the general direction of the mini-restaurant.

Now, to see (Y/N).