| Part V: Getting To Know You |

"Wanna see something cool?"

Kakeru says; yet here I am, broom in hand. There's nothing cool about taking bristles to an already clean, wooden floor. There are a few specks, but nothing to raise any alarms about. I mean, there's hardly been any business-- it's Tuesday afternoon, and the Sun is already beginning to fade.

I've been occasionally glancing into the male's general direction. My eyes are piercing, they are curious. Is this really what he has to show me? If so, then he can consider me fired and unfaithful.

I've been silent, just hoping my distraught will reach him.

It was then did I hear a chuckle, calming and simpering as each mili-second passes. He raises the cloth from the table, seemingly finished with wiping it down. 

"Ms. (L/N), it seems you have a staring problem." He coos, slowly lifting his gaze-- his dark eyes narrows on me as he grins. I can't help but feel a little helpless.

"Well... ya... you said you'd show me something cool, but all I see is a polished room and a... a retired... broomstick." The sweeping that almost seemed endless finally ceases as I look towards the floor, puffing out my cheeks.

Kakeru laughs, turning tail towards me. I can hear his bootheel pressing along the glossy floor. And as he pauses just ahead of me, my eyes turn towards his dress shoes. They're neat and well-groomed. Kakeru cares about his appearance.

"I can tell you're mad at me, but I was just killing time." He begins, and as I finally lift my gaze-- I can tell he hasn't cared to avert his from me, not even for a moment.

"Of course I am... We've been cleaning for two hours now, and I haven't seen anything cool, just you and disappointment..." I mutter out, clenching the broomstick. My brows knitted downwards, remaining embroidered in the same way a child's eyes may be.

He continues chuckling, as though my pain is music to his ears. He continues to idle in front of me.

"That's a little hurtful," He coos, bending towards me with the bulbs of his fingertips touching his waistline. We're now making eye contact, he's left me no other choice. "Are you implying that I am cool or uncool?"

I awkwardly begin to avert my gaze, clenching the broomstick. He's... way too close. I can smell his minty conditioner-- his cologne seems expensive, too. I could once only pick up his aroma each time he passed, but now he's so close; I have no choice but to inhale it.

"I... I'll leave some room for the imagination..." I finally gulp, hoping to keep up with my act. Behind the angst and the vexed expression on my face, was actually a timid young lady.

"Haha, well then I'd say that I lie on the plane in between." His chuckles are sweet. They are genuine. Kakeru then continues. " And it's not my fault the store owners like the place to be spotless. And maybe I do too." Kakeru adds, finally averting his gaze away from me. It was then did they point towards the back.

After finally mustering the courage, I look at him, and follow his suspicious gaze. I can't help but stare for a moment. "Whatever. If you're done rubbing the bulbs of your fingers looking for dirt, then can I put the broom down?"

I try to assert myself, and as Kakeru steps away from me, I feel his fingers. They glide drunkenly over my hand, over my knuckles...  He retrieves the broom from my grasp, holding eye contact with me-- he's watching me. Waiting for a reaction. This whole thing feels intentional.