| Part XI: Kumamon! |

"Kumamon! It's you."

I chuckle, leaning forward. I begin to intertwine my fingers, pinching them together as my arms remain behind my back.

It still doesn't speak to me, but it leans closer just as I do. I feel like we're having a staring contest, but only one of us is participating. I am trying to get a glimpse of the person behind it.

"With how much we bump into each other, why do you still hide! Haha." I joke, but it is business. Suppose it's selfish of me to want to get to know this person during their work hours when they are just trying to do their job.

I crane my head, blinking.

Then to my surprise, I see its wooly neck crease as he turns his head— mimicking my actions. It immediately makes me chuckle. I then raise my left hand, simultaneously hopping on just my left foot — but Kumamon is quick. He adapts to what I'm doing in an instant... but I have one more trick up my sleeve: aegyo.

"You're good, but here comes the real test...!" I lower my foot to the ground and immediately begin to swing my hips from left to right, hands daring to curl near the sides of my cheeks. "I love you, Kumamon! Mhm!" I coo. And as I shamelessly quiver my lip, I ignore the judgmental eyes of society for the sake of my competition.

Kumamon halts— and suddenly, he is radio-silent. I appear victorious. "Hahahaha! I knew you didn't have it in you! Huzzah!" I righteously shout, stomping the ground beneath me.

And although I can't see his expression, Kumamon turns his head, raising his gloved hand— to where it appears to be— his mouth. He's embarrassed?

He shakes his head, though. It's as if he can read my mind. And then in another second, the bear wags his finger; or... mitten towards me— then highlights and draws a heart with the air as his canvas.

"For me? You think my aegyo is cute?~" No doubt the humility of my actions is beginning to catch up to me. I feel flattered that he thinks so— and the 50% of the pink burning my cheeks is because of him. I begin to laugh, shaking my head.

"Kumamon, you're so sweet, but you'll need to try a lot harder next time. Sweet hearts won't spare you from that loss, hehehe." I take a step back, reaching for the straps of my bag. They offer me comfort.

He then lowers his head, sulking. Somehow, this bear is a lot more animated this time around. I find it lovely; he always finds a way to make my day. "Well, I'll get going now—"
THUMP!

A shoulder brushes mine? No, not a shoulder— but a mascot does. It's soft exterior brushes against me and I lose my grip on my bag, feeling as it loosens around my shoulders. I'm confused, wondering why Kumamon has reacted to graze me the way he has.

But then I soon realize. A snarky, unshaven looking man was directly behind me— and I can't say that I wanted to know what his intentions were... but I know I didn't have to.

"Uh.." He mutters, caught red-handed. The bear is keeping the creep close, he's holding his wrist tightly. Despite those mittens for hands, the man is nervously attempting to pull away— maybe it was because of how thin he was.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry..." He stutters out, but I don't accept his apology right away. Kumamon continues to grip, taking a step closer to the man— taking a step further away from me. I can't help but wonder what kind of expression he is making beneath it all.