SB13

Nasiem Fareed

12:25 pm - October 12th 2023

"Here's your shirt for Demi's party." Kimora announced while handing Nas a folded T shirt, once Nas retrieved the shirt from her, he unfolded it so that he could read what was printed on it. The shirt went along with Demi's little mermaid theme. On the front was an edit of Demi as the little mermaid with the number 5, and on the back was "Daddy of the birthday girl." Nas let out a small chuckle as he sat the shirt beside him.

"That's cute." He voiced before putting his attention back on Kimora. The party being a few days away had her running rampant. Currently, she was filling the gift bags. Nas offered his help, but she denied due to wanting it done a certain way. So Nas watched her as he threw one of the throw pillows in the air and continuously caught it.

"What you do with this spot when you ain't in it?" Nas questioned. After a handful of visits to the condo, it was heavy on his mind. The space being fully furnished, is what raised the question. "Nothing...it honestly just sits." Kimora answered.

"So this like a backup plan, or something?" Nas asked as he put a halt in throwing the sphere shaped pillow into the air. Kimora stopped and eyed him, placing her hand on her hip. "You sholl' got a lot of questions." She finally replied before continuing with what she was doing.

Nas dispassionately shrugged his shoulders, "I'm just asking." He replied before he started tossing the pillow up again. "I guess it's something like that...you always need a backup plan..in everything you do." Kimora replied, which lead Nas to believe that they were having problems long before now. Kimora wasn't stupid, either. She probably got this condo knowing that the truth was bound to come out one day.

Nas didn't reply, he just continued to eye her while tossing and catching the pillow. Kimora looked good as hell in her ribbed biker shorts and cropped hoodie. She'd always been shapely, but he could tell having Demi accentuated her shape even more. "You been dating since you been out?" Kimora wondered, making Nas remove his eyes from her body and travel them to her face. He lightly chuckled as he fixed his posture, "Why? You want your family back or something?" He teased.

"Boy." Kimora kissed her teeth before chuckling and waving him off before showcasing the boulder on her ring finger, "I'm just asking—you been in here interrogating me, so I'm interrogating you back." She added while dropping mini tubes of lipgloss into each goodie bag. "So, have you?" She questioned again while looking up at him.

"Nah." Nas truthfully answered, oddly bringing Dakota to his mind. What they did wasn't dating, which assured him that his answer was honest. Kimora jokingly rolled her eyes, "I don't believe it." She replied.

"Why not? I went 5 years without having sex, I can go even more." Nas replied. Kimora turned away from the table and began walking over to him while pointing her index finger in his direction, "That's exactly why, because you haven't touched a woman in five years—and because you're Nasiem." She chuckled as she sat next to him.

"I got more shit to be worried about than dating, at least right now." Nas voiced, with Dakota still on his mind. "Hm." Kimora hummed as she stood up and walked back over to the table.

"I like your Demi tattoo." She smiled, causing Nas to do the same. He peeped that she had one as well, Demi's full name on her wrist.

"I gotta meet with the event planner and the caterer within the next few hours." She announced before stopping to adjust the claw clip that was holding her hair out of her face. "Caterer? Don't the trampoline park already have pizza and shit?" Nas questioned. Having a kid was showing him how much times changed. Growing up, he never went to extravagant birthday parties with catering. Him and his age mates would go to the local arcade or amusement park and eat pizza, birthday cake, and ice cream.