SB49

Dakota Smith

2:58 pm - May 30th 2024

Dakota's father always preached to her that if you gave a dog food, they'd follow you home. She tested that theory as a child and proved it to be true, but what she didn't know is that the theory applied to men as well. After Dakota gave Chris the ingredients for his breakfast a few weeks ago, it seemed as if he always needed something. Today's need was a few seasonings for the steak that he planned on making. Of course, needing seasonings turned into a conversation between them.

"I see you got both yo' grills in today." Dakota pointed out while closing her pantry door. Once she turned back around, she was faced by Chris who was cheesing to show off his pair of gold grills, causing her to chuckle. Chris was fine, and it was obvious that he knew it. He was a lot of women's dream man. Pristine melanated skin, a good personality, no kids, a good job, and his own everything. His persona screamed that he knew it, he was just very subtle about it. "Yeah—I thought I lost the top ones." Chris replied while tapping his knuckle against the counter.

"I wasn't too mad, though. It just gave me the excuse to buy some more." He added. Dakota nodded her head while looking at him. This was her first time getting close enough to study his tattoo. The name Chantell really stuck out to her, along with the fact that her entire face was next to the name.  "Is Chantell your ex fiancée?" Dakota quizzed, causing Chris to furrow his eyebrows together before looking down at his arm and chuckling, as he a duh moment.

"Yeah." He answered, gently brushing his finger over her face. "I been getting that question a lot now that it's summer time—I'm thinking about saying she's my angel instead of my ex fiancé...we ain't break up, so I don't like the term ex." Chris added.

"I think calling her your angel is beautiful." Dakota smiled. Chris looked down at his arm and began to smile as well. It was evident that he loved her, even still to this day. Whenever he spoke about her, it was always so highly, highlighting her accomplishments and recollecting on her best traits.

"I'd never cover it up or nothing—it's lowkey a reminder for me to let go of the small shit...you know? Not let it get in the way of the people you love." He explained before finally looking up. "I see her face—but what else is on there?" Dakota quizzed while sitting next to him at her bar top.

"This is the place I proposed to her at." Chris answered, using his finger to point to the area. "I saved up two of my lil corporate checks and we flew to Puerto Rico—I asked her to marry me on the beach." He explained. The emotion in his voice was happy as he recollected the memory.

"It's a lil phone right there, cause she called me like 30 minutes before it happened...I ain't pick up though, cause I thought she just wanted to argue." Chris added, causing Dakota to sulk as her eyes got watery.

"Have you ever been with a woman who wanted you to cover it up?" Dakota quizzed once she became curious. Chris shook his head yes. "Couple women tried to act like it was cool with them, but eventually came out and said they hate it." He explained. This reminded Dakota of the dream she had about Nas.

"It's a big ass deal breaker for me, if a woman say she want the tattoo gone—my love for Chan built me into the man I am today—all the romantics and shit came from her. She dead, so it's not like she a threat or something." Chris explained, Dakota shook her head in agreement while toying with her ring.

"That's so crazy." Dakota spoke while tapping her freshly done acrylic nails against her clean granite countertop. She couldn't help but admire how sparkly clean they were, due to the new product she picked up. "I had a dream that a girl wanted my boyfriend to get the tattoo that he has of my eyes covered up—she was pregnant in the dream and all." She spoke.