SB32

Dakota Smith

1:40 pm - January 23rd 2024

"Why the fuck is it valet at the studio?" Dakota fussed in irritation while on the hunt for a parking spot. Kacey invited her out to a studio session that he was having, and she took the invitation. "I don't know, but we might as well do it, because there ain't no vacant spots." Paris replied, Dakota sighed as she agreed. There was no use in fretting when there was an easy fix to her problem. She paid the $10 and handed her vehicle over to the young valet driver.

Her head remained on a swivel as she searched for studio B, as that was the room Kacey told her that he was in. Luckily, it wasn't hard to find, since it was the only closed door with a security guard standing outside of it. "Excuse me." Dakota spoke as they approached the door, wanting him to step aside to let them in. "Who you here for?" He coldly questioned.

Dakota furrowed her eyebrows together as she sat her hand on her hip, she wasn't too fond of how he was speaking to her. Kacey always had a lot of randoms around, and the security probably assumed her and Paris were randoms. Before Dakota could answer, the door behind him opened up. "You know her?" Security questioned to one of Kacey's friends.

"That's Kacey sister." He answered, bringing a scared look over security's face. Dakota grabbed Paris' hand and lead her into the room. To every one rapper and producer was a gang of niggas who was just there for the vibes, and a few women who were either there for a relationship, or just for the lifestyle.

"Kota." Kacey smiled as he got up from the office chair and walked over to his sister, greeting her with a hug. He then hugged Paris as well, since she was just like family to him. "Aye, Chanson—This my lil sister, Dakota." Kacey introduced the two. Dakota knew Chanson, as he was one of her most listened to artist last year. An R&B singer who's brand was his mysterious persona and toxic lyrics that always ensured shock and replay value. On top of his artistry, he was handsome, which played into his toxic persona.

Though Kacey was a celebrity, she still looked at him as just her brother. But when he brought her around his industry friends, she found herself a bit internally starstruck by them. "Nice to meet you." Dakota voiced, taking his extended hand and shaking it. "This is my best friend, Paris." She added. After their hands freed away from each other's he shook Paris', Dakota noticed that they were giving each other eyes, which made her internally smirk at the flirty interaction.

"What y'all working on?" Dakota questioned as she stood beside Kacey, as he sat in the rolling studio chair. She eyed the studio mixer board, slightly engrossed by all of the buttons. "A skit for this interlude on his tape." Kacey answered, Dakota nodded her head. She was happy to hear that one of her favorite artists was dropping a tape, but she didn't show it on her face in fear of looking like a groupie.

"You wanna see if your sister can do it?" Chanson questioned from inside the booth, causing both Kacey and Dakota to look at each other. "You want to?" He questioned, Dakota shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't mind." Dakota gave in, "What I gotta say?" She questioned while stepping into the booth. Chanson wasted no time handing her the script, Dakota then quickly skimmed through, as it wasn't a mouthful.

"Let me know when you ready, Kota." Kacey announced, Dakota nodded her head as she watched him leave the booth. She looked down at the script and read it a few times before motioning out to her brother that she was ready.

"I know what I said earlier...but the door unlocked if you wanna come through. And don't be thinking you got me wrapped around your finger—cause you don't. You just fuck good. Anyway, let me know if you coming so my door won't be unlocked all night." Dakota recited, as if she wasn't reading a script to make it sound more natural. She removed the headphones off of her ears and stepped out of the booth.