Papa's Girl

CHAPTER EIGHT

Papa's Girl

Alana's POV

ONE MONTH LATER

He haunts my every thought. I don't sleep. I don't eat. I don't know what to do anymore. I hide in my tent so no one knows the true pain that Jon Snow has caused me. I keep far away from Papa while he plans his attack on Castle Black.

Papa wants me to join on the attack. He says I should get my revenge on Jon Snow for what he did to me. I didn't know he knew all about it but I guess he did. But he doesn't know the extent of it. I didn't tell anyone all the things Jon said to me. All the laughs we shared.

How we planned to run away together.

I was stupid to have ever fucking believed him. To have trusted a crow. Just like Mama warned me all my life.

Nothing made me happier than knowing that both Mama and Karsi were back at Hardhome. They wouldn't be here to mock me and tell me that I was nothing but a stupid girl for fucking that crow and letting him put his seed into me.

Thankfully nothing came from it.

I laid on my stomach with my head resting on my arms on the pillow and stared off at the flap of the tent. Hoping and praying that Jon might just walk through and tell me it was just a jest. He'd sing me a song of gallant and brave knights and soldiers who found true love within someone they weren't supposed to.

Rather, the flap opened and it was Papa.

I didn't move from the way I had been on the bed. He simply sat on the edge and stared at the flap too. Tilting his head to the side a little bit and squinting his tired eyes. He brought the cold winds in with him and even though the flap was now closed the cold remained so long as he was here.

"Ygritte put an arrow through a big o' stag. Tormund's skinning it up now." Papa said softly. "You going to eat soon, kid?"

I shook my head. "Not hungry."

"He didn't love you and I'm sorry he didn't. Crows ain't always like that but most time they do be like that." Papa folded his hands together and swallowed hard. I know he felt bad for me but I didn't like that he had to bring it up.

I shut my eyes gently and held back from crying. My heart was completely shattered over Jon Snow. "You don't get it Papa, he was different. I believed him."

He scoffed and then chuckled. "Didn't Mama and I warn you 'bout that? They lie. They do what they can to lay with you. You should be lucky he ain't put no bastard in you."

Under my breath I grumbled. "I wish he did..."

Papa's neck snapped toward me and his already dark eyes went even darker with rage. But I saw past that rage and could see that he too was hurt. He liked Jon Snow and he trusted the crow just as much as I did. And I think it bothered him how much the Winterfell bastard broke my heart.

He exhaled before saying anything. As though trying to find the right words. Because how does a man who is King beyond the wall console his daughter who is heartbroken? He knows how to battle in wars and knows all about gutting and skinning animals for dinner. But healing a broken heart of his little girl? Impossible if you ask me.

"I shouldn't tell you this but if the boy doesn't turn up as dead when we take Castle Black... And if you and him are no where to be found... I won't say nothing to no one." He sniffled as he spoke. "Mama don't need to know. Karsi especially don't need to know."