Chapter Ten - Family

-3rd Person-

All the kids sat in the cinema room with treats, popcorn and Drinks watching the Hungarian Grand Prix. It was relatively quiet which confused the adults

"Wait where are the kids, it's gone quiet?" Kourtney wondered most of the adults realised and went looking for them, that's when they heard cheering coming from the cinema room. they peeked their head around and saw that they were watching the race. Mason noticed Kourtney.

"Mom you have to see this. Auntie Kaia just dodge a pile up." The adults looked to one another and joined their kids. During the race many winced and hid behind the cushions as Daisy went most of the race unfazed. She did pull little expressions but no where near the reaction of her family. Kaia came in forth and Day was pleased with that.

"She still gets 12 points for the team and she didn't get into a accident so that's all good. Now she gets two weeks off for the summer and then its Belgium."

-Kaia-

I touched down in California exhausted. I needed hugs from Daisy and sleep, i made my way back to my moms and entered her place.

"Mom!" Daisy shouts knowing i'm back. She comes running around the corner. I drop my things and welcome her hug. "I missed you."

"Ugh, i missed you too baby. So much." I kissed her head "How you been?" I wondered pulling away and smoothing down her hair

"I'm good, all of us watched your last race. I think i've turned my cousins." she beamed proudly

"now that is something worth a trophy. Come on." I headed further inside where my Mom was waiting. I hugged her and beamed

"You look exhausted."

"I am, I need a bed. Jet lag is kicking me right now." I yawned

"You get some sleep." I hummed crashing out on the sofa. Not even waiting for anything else. At some point i felt a the small frame of my daughter next to me but not enough to do anything about it.

------------

I spent the whole two weeks with Daisy doing anything and everything. It was jam packed with activities, we went to the movies, the zoo, watched other sports together. played sports, read, laughed played dress up. Has a girls night. Manicures, pedicures, our hair done. Pierre came and spent a week with us, which was the whole time practicing our French and conversing with one another. We also did summer homework and reading together.

Not a moment was wasted. Whether it was actioned packed or a duvet day. It was always the best time of the year. But sadly it ended all too quickly. Dad came with us so she could take Daisy back with her. Pierre gave her a hug and spun her around, then I had my turn. I kissed her head

"Okay I will be taking the first flight back after the race so I can take you for your first day of school."

"I know, and then you'll spend a couple of days before you have to go to Italy."

"You are my amazing girl. Half way there, you're doing great. Now try not to break your Pop too much." she giggled "I love you."

"I love you Mom." i kiss her again and grabbed my things before hugging my Dad one final time and heading off with Pierre.

"You doing okay?" he wondered as we made our way into the lounge

"That never get's easier. Not that I want it too but, yeah it sucks." I sigh "She's growing up so fast and i know that on the surface she doesn't care but everyone cares even six year old girls." 

"I've seen her reaction when you win. Even just doing what you love, she's proud of you."

"That may be. But is sixteen year old Daisy gonna be pissed at me for this.That is what my mom guilt is telling me. But then I imaging stopping racing and all I see is her disappointed look the one that says I'm a quitter."

"You're not a quitter, you had a baby at 16 then worked your ass off for a year to get back into shape to come back to racing. Most people thought that you'd never come back. Look at you now. Daisy watched you first hand win one of the most prestigious Formula one races. She is your loudest and biggest fan. I heard what she told you about sticking it to your family. She's fiercely protective over what you've chosen to do." I gave a small smile

"Besides she might find it weird you doing something normal. I think that might scare her more than you retiring from the sport." he leaned in lowering his voice. I leant my head on his shoulder.