|6| Fine Dining

When is your birthday? 🎉🎂🥳
Mine is November 29th!

Enjoy the chapter!

▫️▫️▫️

We walk into this fancy looking restaurant and I look around in awe. It's extremely crowded in here, I thought most people would be at work right about now.

The room is huge, filled with many tables that are full of people enjoying their food.

I look up at the gorgeous glass chandelier that hangs in the middle of the room. Wow, that's so beautiful!

I'm so distracted, that I didn't notice when Mr. Sterling or Dante, since that's the name I saw on his company website, grabs my arm slightly and starts to lead me to the reception desk.

"Nice to see you again, Mr. Sterling. I assume you have a reservation," the lady behind the desk says cheerfully.

"No, I don't have one today but I'd like my usual table," he responds in a curt tone.

I'm kinda sad that he uses a more of a genuine and nicer tone with her than he does with me. I've been nothing but nice to him.

Although, I'm pretty sure he's still mad about the whole coffee incident. But he can't dwell on that whole ordeal forever.

"Of course sir, right this way," she smiles, grabbing two menus.

She leads us past all the different tables, many people nodding in acknowledgment at Dante as we pass. I guess he's very well known around here.

She leads us all the way to the back, where there are two to three private tables. One out of the three is occupied by a young woman.

Dante must know who she is because he mumbles the word 'fuck' under his breath. He tends to curse under his breath a lot when he's frustrated.

We both take a seat at the table, the waitress lady placing the menus down in front of us. "Can I get you both a drink to get started?" she asks.

"We'll both take a water for now," he responds and she nods her head before walking away.

I shift in my seat uncomfortably, the gaze of the woman next to us making me uncomfortable. Then all of a sudden, she gets up and struts over to our table. She stops next to Dante, planting a huge smile on her face.

She's wearing a tight red spaghetti strap dress, that does little to contain her bust. I'm concerned that if she's careful, they're gonna spill out and flash everyone.

"Hi, Dante. I didn't expect you to be here," the lady with blonde wavy hair says.

"Cassidy, I didn't expect you to be here either," he says, clearly bored.

She laughs even though I don't recall him saying anything funny but I could be wrong.

"And who's this," she directs her question at me.

I smile at her, wanting to be friendly towards her. "I'm Rose, I'm his assistant," I say, sticking my hand out for her to shake.

She looks at it for moment, before shaking my hand faintly. "His new assistant? Dante, why didn't you tell me that position was open," she places a hand on his shoulder.