𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐮𝐲

A.N: They both glowed up 😍😍😍 but their hearts are still shattered 😭💔😫

Word Count: 7.1K

1K

A notification appeared on the right of her screen

A notification appeared on the right of her screen. An email:

From: kakashi@hatakeenterprises.com

Good Afternoon Everyone!
As you know tonight is the company dinner, where we are welcoming our new CMO. Please be on time and give the newbie a warm welcome. Let's show them how great of a team we are!

Hinata smiled at the email. It was one of the few probably the only time Kakashi seemed polished. Everyone thought Kakashi Hatake was the most professional man on earth, but when it came to everyone on the sixth and seventh floor, he was a complete goofball.

She clicked away from the message, seeing the Home Screen of her desktop. August 11th.

Sigh.

A whole year later and she still thinks about him.

Hinata clicked back to her spreadsheet, resuming her work. However her mind couldn't help but wonder like it did every day. What was he doing. How was he doing. Does he feel the same as me? Does he think of me? Has he moved on?

She thought about the letter from early April- she kept it hidden in her drawer & still refuses to read it. And then there was the button. She kept it tucked away with the letter. Hinata hated herself for keeping the items because since May, Naruto has sent nothing else.

It confused her, and confusion was something she did not want to feel. It led to over thinking, it led to hope. An emotion she refuses to let guide her life again.

There was just no time for such thoughts. Long distance was never going to work. They made an agreement. Just the summer. She was always supposed to leave. And he never once kept in touch.