ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪ

Author's Announcement

Don't forget to vote to show your support! I highly appreciate it to do more!

| TOTAL WAR ROME |

With several clashes, and arrows being released to puncture flesh and create wounds, cuts, and stabs bleeding blood as a battle continued down by the stream.

When the dwarves eventually escaped through the river in their barrels, Thorin looked back to the prince and an acquaintance - Estelle - who watched them float away.

Thorin had many questions that were raised, but with so much time having gone by, there was no time to think, and waste when there were only a few remaining days left. He had to get to Erebor. However, he spared a thought; had Estelle aligned with the Elves?

He dearly hoped that wasn't so.

| TOTAL WAR ROME |

"Your men are safe."

Estelle heard from Thranduil who waited for their return by the gate, a sight that must have been unusual as the son reacted with surprise written over the elf's face. But, she quickly returned to her interest in the status of her men. Then as if knowing how her mind worked, Thranduil beat her to it before she could even ask.

"It would seem that they are loyal to a fault; an admirable feat, when it is so scarce among the races of men. Yet, it is not the case applied to you and the men you lead. Please, enter and I will lead you to them."

Without really much of a choice, nor did she feel forced, Estelle chose to follow behind the King alongside the elf prince and the female ranger while the other troops were dismissed. Again, when she was introduced to the nice wonderful halls of Thranduil - her eyes widened as she took in the view - wondering if she would ever get used to such a grand sight.

"When the dwarves escaped, supposedly by a halfling who stole the keys to the dungeon from my guards. It was then your men decided to stay despite the doors being unlocked. For the sole purpose to rescue their leader, it is the most worthy of respect to honor, and duty. You are blessed to have those from your men."

Estelle absorbed what Thranduil had to say, as the King led them - not to the prisons - but to a hall that served a long table that had the most appetizing food and fine wine. Seated on the chairs were her men who maintained a stoic pose and expression, until her figure evidently came into their line of sight.

"Legatus!" the legionnaires all called out, and by the look on their faces, they sustained a few injuries, which she; gave a sharp glare towards Thranduil. Understanding the boiling anger by the darkening expression on her face - a frightening sight at that - Thranduil responded by explaining what had occurred.

"They fought their way through many of my guards; bare-knuckled and unarmed, though that did not deter them. It was a struggle for my guards to secure them and get them to settle. It would seem telling them that you were not kept in another cell was difficult for them to believe."

Thranduil finished, and based on the look Estelle has after his explanation, Thranduil secretly took a few glances and glimpsed at her relieved face and beauty. 'It is almost as if it was Elariaeth.'

Then her eyes opened and she had a sternness to them, something Elariaeth never had - for being a person who opposed war and death - and in Estelle's eyes; they have become accustomed to the fires of war and death.

'It was not Elariaeth.'

"I am grateful you have granted my men mercy, King Thranduil." Estelle offered her thanks with a meaningful, and a courtesies bow as she began to round her men. Especially since it seemed Thranduil had already had them prepare the legionnaires' armor, weapons and large shield.