Part 4: Revealed Truth

In a flash, Pandora stormed out of Booker's room, holding the photo album tight in her arms. She found him sitting at the kitchen table -like always- and so she slammed it down in front of him before taking a seat opposite. It was clear from the terrified expression on his face that he knew exactly what she wanted to talk about. All at once Pandora realised he'd been waiting for the day that she found out he wasn't her father. That day had arrived.
'Why did you lie to me?' Were her first words. Sharp and bitter, Booker flinched as she spat them out.
'Pandora...I'm sorry..' he said softly. 'I didn't want you to find out this way.'
'You're not my father.' It was more of a statement than a question. 'And I'm not your daughter. Who am I?'
Booker sighed. 'Your real name is Juliet Fontaine. The man in all these photos is your real father.' He hesitated, considering telling a lie so an argument wouldn't develop. 'His name is Frank Fontaine, he was from a city called Rapture it was built underwater.'
'Was?' Juliet snapped.
'He's dead.' Booker cringed at the words. 'I..I killed him.'
'You killed my father?!' She yelled. 'Then what? You kidnapped me and gave me a different name so I would think I was related to you?!' She slammed her hand down onto the table, and Booker realised he'd never seen her so angry.
'Why can't i remember anything from my past?' She sounded strange, as if she was choking back tears.
'Pandora, just wait-'
'My name isn't Pandora!' Her voice cracked, and tears began to flow down her cheeks.
'Tell me everything.'
Sensing he should do as she asked, Booker began to tell her.
'It started when an old friend of mine -Jack- asked me for some help. At the time, Frank Fontaine was under a different alias, an Irish man called Atlas. He was trying to take over Rapture, called himself the 'voice of the people' but he wanted to rule it like some kind of psychopathic dictator-' He broke off, looking away from Juliet, his eyes filled with shame.
'Carry on.' She said urgently.
Booker nodded. 'So somehow Jack finds a rip in the fabric of reality and gets into this universe. Columbia and Rapture are two completely different timelines, different universes. So as the tear had closed up and Elizabeth had to open another one.' He waited for Juliet to ask about Elizabeth's strange gift but he got nothing, so he continued.
'Jack said he needed my help to kill Atlas and i said yes -what else could I do? He was a friend. But i swear we didn't know he had a daughter, no one did, which is why I decided to take you with me.'
Juliet stared at him for a few moments but she realised that she felt nothing for the man she had called 'father' all these years. He'd taken her from her home, murdered her only family. She began to realise that she hated him.
'So my dreams weren't dreams?' She whispered. 'They were memories?'
'Yes.' Booker's voice was almost inaudible, and it was trembling in shame and fear. 'You've only just begun to remember.'
'But..how did you make me forget?' Juliet responded.
There was a short silence, in which Booker could only stare at her helplessly before he answered:
'It took a transorbital lobotomy.' He said quietly. 'I felt like a monster for allowing it to happen..you were just a child after all..but i didn't want you to remember.'
'So you acted like a selfish bastard, you made me forget everything, all memories by allowing some psycho to hammer into my skull.' Juliet spat in disgust. 'God you make me sick.'
'Juliet...I just wanted to protect you..' Booker reached out to her but she jerked away.
'My whole life is a lie!' She cursed, hot, angry tears flowing down her cheeks.
'You took me away from my home, from my only family, all for what? Because you killed my father!' She glared at him, her eyes like green lasers, filled with searing hate. 'You screwed up my brain, put a hole in my damn skull!' She began to sob. 'You made me forget my own father!' She stood up from the table, and it was then that Booker noticed the gun in her hand. Juliet pointed it at him.
'Take me to Rapture.' She said softly. 'Or I'll kill you.'
'I-I cant.' Booker heard his voice shaking in fear of the young girl in front of him. 'I don't know how to open tears.'
'No, but Elizabeth can.' Juliet smiled in a sinister fashion.
'She can help me.'