Part 9: I'm Sorry

For a long while, Juliet didn't speak. She could only stand and stare, her heart pounding so loud, so fast she could barely breathe.

'Hey, Lass!' Atlas decided to bring her back to the real world. 'Are you alive in there or what?'

'Y-yes! Yes, I'm fine!' Juliet's voice broke with the threat of tears. 'I just- I've been looking for you and now...now you're here I can't believe it.'

'Well I wasn't dead if that's what you're saying.' He chuckled, and Juliet felt her heart lift.

'I thought you were!' She exclaimed, gesturing dramatically though there was no one there to see it. 'I was told you'd been killed years ago, by Booker DeWitt-'

'Ugh, that slimy little sod.' Atlas snapped. 'He was the one that kidnapped you, wasn't he?'

'Yes...' Juliet sighed. 'He-he made me forget Rapture, my home, he made me forget you...' she felt the angry tears welling up, and she had to fight to keep herself from breaking down in tears. 'My own father...'

There was a short silence. 'Listen lass.' Atlas said at last. 'Where are you?'

'As of now I'm in one of those..uh..bathyspheres?' She replied uncertainly. 'Going to...' She checked out the map taped to the wall. 'Arcadia..I think.'

Another silence, longer this time. Juliet thought about everything that had happened over the past day and a half, finding out the truth, her past, all the lies that had come crashing down on her. She wished that maybe she'd just left everything alone, because she wasn't sure what to expect from Atlas.

'Lass?' There he was using that annoying term. 'Are you still there?'

'Yes. and my name is Juliet.' She sighed. 'I thought you would know that, I did tell you not five minutes ago.'

Atlas chuckled. 'Feisty aren't you? Just like your mother..' He trailed off and there was a third long, drawn out silence.

'Uh...were you going to tell me something?' Juliet broke it rather abruptly.

'Just that i'm waiting for you at the Bathysphere station. Don't get nervous will you? I can't stand those awkward family greetings.'

She giggled. 'Sure.'

She was about to turn off the radio when:

'Oh, and Juliet?'

'Yes?'

'I'm sorry.'

Juliet pondered for a moment. 'What for?'

'For all the pain he put you through.'

Juliet smiled to herself. 'That's not your fault.' she said. 'After all, I've found you now haven't I?'

'Yes.' He sounded sad. 'It's good to have you back.'

*I am so sorry i took such a long time to upload this! -.- Damn writers block! I know its a bit short, but fear not, many feels will be coming your way soon enough.

Stay tuned my Stachio'd Friends!