Part 10: Tears

Juliet felt her heart pounding away like a bass drum, her legs shaking with nerves, a sick feeling building up inside her. She put the radio back on the shelf as she waited, feeling the bathysphere juddering to a halt. The water cleared away, and Juliet looked out onto the bathysphere station. Most of her had expected it to be empty, that maybe this man calling himself Atlas wasn't real at all, just some practical joker looking for some sick joy in the broken, destructive world called Rapture. 

She was wrong. 

For a moment, all she did was stand and stare, her eyes wide, her breath coming out in short, sharp gasps, her face in a wide, overjoyed smile. 

She pulled the lever to the right of the door and stepped out, her eyes trained on the man in front of her. He was exactly like in the photographs. Tall and dark, with those hypnotic blue eyes. Juliet had never felt happier. 

'Dad?' She whispered, and he nodded. 

'Juliet.'

She let out a sob and threw herself into his arms. She cried tears of joy, for finally being able to see him after so long, tears of anger for being kept away all her life. 

Juliet had found her way into Rapture.

She had found her home. 

Her family. 

She smiled and hugged him tighter. 

'Daddy.'