Part 11: Broken Bonds

Juliet felt strange, almost alien, to be with someone other than Booker. For so long, he was her father, he cared for her, he was the one who took her in in the first place.
But that didn't excuse what he did. Not in the slightest.
'I thought Rapture would be different to this.' She said quietly.
'Oh?' Atlas looked amused. 'How so?'
'In my dreams...uh..memories, it looked old and broken, but not as bad as this. What happened?'
'ADAM, Little Sisters, Andrew Bloody Ryan.' he sighed, sounding irritated. 'Things just fell apart and nobody could stop it.'
'Was it different when I was growing up?' Juliet smiled hopefully.
'Not really. If I remember correctly it was just as Rapture started to break down. I hated trying to raise you in a world like this.'
Juliet paused for a moment. 'what about...my mother?' She asked. 'Why weren't there any pictures of her?'
It took Atlas a while to answer.
'She was killed, shortly after you were born.' came the short answer. 'She...she got in the way of a Big Daddy and just like that, it was all over. It felt like my heart had been ripped into pieces.'
Juliet felt sad for him, and hugged him tightly.
'Don't worry.' She whispered. 'I'm here to stay forever.'

* * *

'You have never been into Rapture before, how do you know where to look?' Elizabeth sighed, closing the tear behind her.
'I'll look everywhere.' Booker replied determinedly. 'She's making a big mistake. Fontaine was a rat back then, he probably still is.'
They both stopped at the sound of loud, hulking footsteps. The ground shook at each step, the glass in each window vibrating, threatening to break.
'Where is that coming from?'
Elizabeth asked with extreme nervousness.
'Behind us..I think..' was the only reply as a huge, bulking shape came into view. It looked like an abnormally large man in a divers suit, an industrial drill attached to one arm.
'What in gods name..' Booker raised his gun. 'Elizabeth, get behind me.'
'What are you doing?' She hissed. 'You're not going to shoot it, surely?'
'What else can I do, let it kill us?' He replied, his finger tightening on the trigger. There was a deafening crash as the bullet missed and hit a window, and a tidal wave of water came rolling in. The creature seemed alarmed and angered at being shot at, and let out an enraged roar.
'WHAT DID YOU DO?!' Elizabeth screamed over the noise. She began to run, but it seemed too late as the monster charged at them, it's drill spinning menacingly.

*I know this chapter seems a bit crap -.- stuck for ideas once again!
Hopefully part 12 will be out soon so fear not!