tumor || amelia shepherd

AMELIA SHEPHERD

{.⋅ ✯ ⋅.}

Character- Olivia Shepherd || 13 years old || only child of Amelia.

Plot- Your mom has a brain tumor.

Requested by- ImFineNotlol

{.⋅ ✯ ⋅.}

OLIVIA'S POV

My usual day after school was me either walking or taking the bus to the hospital depending on how I'm feeling. I'd usually go to the attendants lounge and get my homework done until mom was finished with work which took about 2 hours. So that's what I did.

After school I packed up my books and started my walk to the hospital while listening to music. It wasn't a long walk, about 20 minutes. When I got there I made my way to the attendants lounge.

"Hi aunt mer" I say going to hug her after I had put my bag down.

"Hello olive, how was your day?" she asked giving me a kiss to the head.

"Good, I didn't get a lot of homework today so i'm happy" I say going to open my bag. She smiles at me before her pager goes off and she needed to leave.

                                             _____

Within an hour I had finished all my homework, so I went to the fridge to grab a snack. I sat on the couch with bunny and ate my food while on my phone. I wanted to go see mama so I was going to go explore the hospital but right when I was gonna leave the room aunt maggie came in.

"Hey sweetheart, can you come with me?" she said softly as she reached for my hand.

"Hi aunt maggie" I take her hand and she leads me out the room. I think nothing of it until we are standing outside a patient's room. She squeezed my hand right before we entered and I saw mom sitting on the hospital bed in a hospital gown.

"Mom?..." I slowly walked closer to her bed and climb in next to her.

"Mama... what happened?" I hold her face between my hands as everyone else leaves the room.

"Hi baby" she says smiling half heartedly, I didn't say anything.

"Olive... I found out I have a brain tumor today" my eyes widen, I look into her teary eyes. She must have noticed my panicked state.

"I'm going to be ok my love" she says.

"What's going to happen?" I ask, my hand still on her cheek.

"Koracik is gonna do a surgery"

"Is he better than you mama?" my thumb caressing her cheek.

"He was my teacher olive, he taught me" she says softly. I nod my head and scoot closer to her.

"Please be ok mama"

                                             _____

I held her hand right before they started pushing the gurney, I let my tight grasp go and mama's hand slipped from mine as they took her to the OR. I just stood there watching them go to the elevator. Aunt maggie had her hand on my back.

"Let's go back to her room, I'll get you something to eat" she took my hand and lead me back to mama's room.

After eating and a long while of fighting the urge to fall asleep from aunt maggie rubbing my back, I closed my eyes.

                                             _____

I rub my eyes slowly opening them when I noticed mama in the hospital bed next to me. I take her hand in mine softly when she starts to open her eyes.

"Mom" she squeezed my hand, my cheeks started to hurt from smiling so hard.

"I love you mama" I softly kiss her cheek.

"I love you so much more than you know olive"

{.⋅ ✯ ⋅.}

sorry this is so short i literally wrote it in 5 minutes that's why it's horrible