bad day || addison montgomery

ADDISON MONTGOMERY

                                           {

{.⋅ ✯ ⋅.}

Character- Olivia Montgomery || 12 years old || only child of Addison.

Plot- You're having a bad day.

Requested by-marriedtomeddison

{.⋅ ✯ ⋅.}

OLIVIA'S POV

Growing up in a family filled with doctors and being the daughter of one of the most respected surgeons in the country had its perks, but it also came with its own set of challenges. Today had been particularly rough for me. My chemistry exam hadn't gone too well, and I'd been dealing with a headache that seemed immune to any pain reliever. It was as if the universe had conspired against me, and I felt like I was drowning in my problems.

I had always been fascinated by the world of medicine, so it was no surprise that I found myself spending the rest of the day at grey sloan with my aunt amelia. I watched in awe as she talked with the patients, giggling ever so often at her jokes.

   _____

As the day went on, aunt amelia had to rush into emergency surgery, leaving me wandering the halls, waiting for mama. I walked around, trying to find something to occupy my time. I stopped at a vending machine, hoping to grab a snack, when I heard a patient bickering. I turned towards the direction, making eye contact with a middle-aged, cruel-looking man.

"Probably just a nuisance to the real doctors, what are you even doing here? Waste of space" he sneered, I ignored the man, turning back to the vending machine.

"Seriously, sweetheart, you should spend less time here and more time on a treadmill. Those extra pounds aren't doing you any favours" my face turned crimson from humiliation, and I clenched my fists with anger. The people around us exchanged uncomfortable glances but remained silent, not daring to intervene. I needed mama. I made my way to her office, finally reaching the door marked 'Dr. Addison Montgomery.' I tucked bunny under my arm and knocked softly before entering, finding her engrossed in medical charts and paperwork. She looked up at me, a smile creeping up on her face. My presence seemed to make her happy.

"My baby," mama pushed her chair back and opened her arms, waiting for me to give her a hug. I made my way to her, standing between her legs and leaning into her warm embrace. She looked down, her eyes immediately softening when she saw my troubled expression.

"Olive, what's wrong?" tears welled up in my eyes, and I buried my face further in her chest, playing with bunny's ears.

"I hate today," I managed to say between sobs. Mama held me close, pulling me onto her lap.

"Shh, it's okay, baby. I'm here. Tell me what happened" between stifled sobs, I recounted the events of my day, from the failed exam to the humiliating encounter with the man.

"You know, via," mama says softly, "bad days happen to the best of us, but you are strong and resilient, just like mama. We'll get through this together. You are absolutely perfect just the way you are. Your worth is not determined by your appearance or anyone else's opinions. You are my beautiful little girl," mama continued. I sniffled, nodding my head before looking up at her. She smiled, brushing a tear from my cheek. We sat in comfortable silence for a while, Mama swaying me in her lap.

"M-mama," I whispered, moving my head from her chest to look in her eyes.

"I love you so much," I continued.

"My sweet girl, I love you more than you will ever know," She says before kissing my nose.

{.⋅ ✯ ⋅.}

finally updated also this whole idea was from LiveLaughLoveMarina kisses for you for helping my brain work, also i used AI for this cause i wanted to see how it would work and it lowkey ate