Burping Beauty

Once there was a king named Berlioz and a queen named Moriah who recently brought forth their daughter named Trista. During the celebration of the princess's birth and arrival to the world, the twelve fairies gave her good character traits. Just as the elf was about to bestow his gift, the sinister sorcerer appeared out of dark magic and came to baby Trista with a wicked smile. "I have a gift for this precious little princess," he said, "When she turns 18, she will suffer from a stomach virus and die from dysentery." The crowd gasped in horror as he then vanished with dark magic. The elf was alarmed that the sorcerer gave Trista a terrible curse. Since he didn't have the power to reverse it, but to soften it, so he said, "She will not die from dysentery. Instead, at the age of 5, she will be diagnosed with excessive burping and belching disorder (EBBD), which will mean that she can't control her burping and belching." "That may be annoying, but it's better than dying from dysentery," Berlioz said with a shrug, "Is there a cure for the disorder?" "I'll get to that," the elf said, "However, at the age of 21, she will suffer from severe aerophagia, which will cause her belly in inflate like a balloon. If her true love kisses her before midnight of the new year, she will continue to live and her aerophagia and her disorder will go away. If that doesn't happen in time, she will die." "Oh dear, let's hope that her true love finds her before that happens," said Moriah. When Trista grew up as a little toddler, and as predicted by the elf, she started burping and belching a lot and couldn't stop. Every time she was in a middle of a sentence or ended a sentence, she burped and belched, even if she didn't say anything. Just because she's a beautiful girl who had a burping disorder, people started calling her Burping Beauty. Years later when she was then a preteen, she still had the disorder and was desperate to know why she couldn't stop burping and belching for a long time. Her parents then decided to tell her the truth by telling her the story of the cursed gift by the evil sorcerer and with it being softened by the elf. Now that she heard the whole story, she understood that there wasn't a cure for the disorder at the moment, and would be called Burping Beauty indefinitely. Poor Trista only wanted to live a normal life without anything getting in her way, especially inconveniences like her burping and belching disorder not going away for a lot of years.

A few more years later when she turned 18, Trista became more infamous for her disorder, which made her wish that she didn't exist to begin with. One day, she met a young man whose occupation was a root beer brewer. This man clearly had heard of her, but he never thought he would meet her in person. He introduced himself as Ruben, and Trista introduced herself by her real name instead of what people called her. Ruben brewed different flavored root beers for her to taste. Trista tried the following flavors: strawberry, raspberry, grape, peach, lemon-lime, pineapple, and cherry. She drank all of them, causing her to have a really bloated belly, and have burping fits. "I guess you have a sensitive stomach," said Ruben. "My belly can be sensitive (BUUUURRRRRP!), but it can also hold a lot of food," said Trista as she patted her big belly with a smile, "Anyway, my favorite favors you made are strawberry, cherry and raspberry (BUUUURRRRRP!). However, the lemon-lime and pineapple flavors could use some improvement." "Noted," said Ruben, "I'll see what I can do to make those flavors better." Since then, Trista began visiting Ruben for a few drinks and some friendly chats quite often. Every time she visited him, the couple started to bond with each other gradually. Trista wouldn't let anyone touch or play with her big belly except for herself and most importantly, her doctor. Ruben had a obsession for women with big bellies and women burping and belching, which Trista had no idea about until he told her. Fortunately, she didn't mind that at all. Once she told him what her parents told her and how she felt about how people felt about her for her disorder, he felt sorry for her and comforted her by saying, "Your Highness, don't listen to those negative people. You're much better than what you think. You have friends and family who will stick by you and love you as long as you live, even when you die." "I know (BUUUURRRRRP!), but what about everyone else?" Trista asked, "They despise me for my burping and belching disorder, and it's not fair (BUUUURRRRRP!). I can't help it if I do that every single time. I just want to live a normal life without any inconveniences in my way." "Hey, I know how you're feeling. I've been through the same thing when I was a kid," said Ruben, "Well, not having a bizarre disorder like you have, but I have a learning disability. I want to learn stuff without any issues, but I can't as much due to complicated instructions or any processes that don't make any sense. I'm only able to learn when I'm able to understand how it's supposed to go. I got picked on a lot by several people for it and accused me of being a slow learner." Trista felt sorry for him after hearing that and said, "I guess we have something in common (BUUUURRRRRP!). I think it makes me feel a little better." Then the couple bid each other farewell and headed back to their homes.