[05] Eight of Diamonds (2)

-Kara's POV-

Aitsuki Kara
18 Years Old
High-School Student

Right after the time limit, I immediately took my pamphlet and scanned it for further information. Alongside with the rules of the game and the clue given, there is no other visible information that was in the pamphlet.

'Think carefully, in every aspect of each game, there has to be a solution to this mere puzzle.' I thought.

I re-read the pamphlet again.

'And, oh that's it... One clue is hidden amongst the rules. It's hidden in plain sight and no one could actually see it except me. Now the problem is, how can I tell who my fellow teammates are, and who aren't.' I thought.

For a second or so, I have thought. But then I realized.

"S-shit, I know what to do."

Round 1:
Kara: 38%
Sugiyama: 100%
Omura: 72%
Watanabe: 64%
Masuda: 50%

"Intercoms will now be online, thank you for waiting... for the next following rounds, the time limit is 3 minutes and 1 minute for the impostor."

"Did anybody catch any of that?" Sugiyama said.

"Catch any of what?"

"When the intercoms were offline, the screens in front of us were blank y'all."

"And what's the matter?"

"The thing is, if the systems were offline, why would the camera's infrared vision blink?"

"Wh-what do you mean?" I said.

"If y'all look closely at the cameras installed, there is this infrared light glowing, who among here didn't see those infrared lights glow when the intercoms went out."

"I never actually caught any of that." Omura said.

"Nu-uh..." Watanabe added.

"I-I, me too..." I said.

"I noticed it, what a small detail, though, however I can concur what you are doing, you are trying to figure out who the impostor is by seeing if their cameras weren't out when it is the impostor's turn." Masuda implied. "However, there is a big flaw in your deduction. Knowing the fact that we can lie, we still have no information at all on how the game works."

"You're the impostor, aren't you?" Sugiyama approached.

"Don't you realize that you can, 'lie' about it? That's what I'm saying, for all we know you are the impostor all along trying to see if your camera is open or not." Masuda concluded.

"How the fuck am I supposed to be the impostor, I don't even know how the game fucking works."

'Never meddle with other people's emotions, it will only be a burden to you. I can still hear your voice loud and clear, dear Mishika. That's why I admire your wise words.' I thought.

"The race will now commence, please wait for the race position."

Race Position:
Kara – 1st
Masuda – 2nd
Watanabe – 3rd
Omura – 4th
Sugiyama – 5th

"The race will now commence... Please wait for the results."

"In this position Kara has the greatest advantage..." Masuda mentioned.

"What if Kara is the impostor?" Sugiyama said.

"I-I wouldn't say that, mister."

"The thing is, kid, I'm no longer trusting any of you until one of y'all barges to open and say that they are the impostor."